We were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and wanted somewhere special to stay. Sea Temple Port Douglas did not disappoint. We booked a studio spa room (which stretched our meagre budget ) through Boutique Collections, and they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom apartment - I suspect numerous cancellations due to the cyclone led to this but we were thankful. It was a great apartment with kitchen and laundry facilities. It also led out onto the beautiful lagoon pool. Being school holidays there were lots of children around so we tended not to use the pool as much but it was still a key feature of the resort.
The only downside to the room was the bathroom . It was a bath/shower combination and the bath had very high sides to it . Anyone with knee or hip problems could potentially find this very difficult.
We found the air con difficult to manage - it was either too cold or too warm and one of the hand controls wasn't working.
This resort is very romantic and has a constructed boardwalk that leads down to 4 mile beach. Signs remind you that you are not alone.....crocodiles could be lurking in nearby shores and mangroves. People didn't seem to be bothered so we just relaxed and kept both eyes open !
We had a sneak peek at the Studio rooms which seemed quite small. If the opportunity arose again I would definitely stay at the Sea Temple and choose an apartment that led out to the pool or swim out apartment .
The restaurant was busy - always a good sign, but a bit pricey for us. Ditto the Vie Spa.
Overall a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas