We stayed here in October this year and the resort is certainly lovely. As some of the other reviewers have noted, families seem to love this resort and this didn't bother us as we have young kids. Although the resort is marketed like a secluded getaway, it doesn't feel like that when you're there and is pretty busy.
The pool is spectacular and the restaurant is lovely. My only complaints are that it is pricey (we were told our deal was 50% of the usual room rate but when I queried this at the hotel no one could explain it and I am pretty sure it wasn't the case). The food at the restaurant is expensive but gorgeous as well, so can't really find much of an issue there. There was a special 3 course and glass of wine when we were there for which we were thankful as if the special hadn't been on, we probably would've eaten there and the food really was top notch.
There were a lot of cashed up bogans here, which surprised me. I found their smoking around the pool to be a bit much and certainly much more offensive than the kids in the pool (see the review called paradise lost). On our last night, smoking from an upstairs room seemed to permeate through an airconditioner into our room and our room stank of smoke. This was not good at all and I asked management to look into it that night, which I believe they did. I hope it's not an issue for the resort moving forward as did it really put us off the place. I suspect it was people smoking n an outdoor spa upstairs near some sort of vent. Bad planning!
Oh and the beach is not great. Very wild and not picturesque really.
But overall this is a beautiful resort with a fabulous pool. Having stayed at other resorts in the area, I am just not sure it's worth the price of admission. Just my two cents though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas