We had booked a 2 bed apartment for 3 of us with plunge pool "overlooking the golf course" but actually it overlooked a road first... then a golf course in the distance.... we didn't like it - the plunge pool was smaller than it looked in the picture and it was completely shaded with so many plants that worried about getting bitten. There were only 2 loungers with no room for a third even though it was a 2 bed apartment. Inside the apartment it smelt very strongly of bleach / jeyes fluid as if maybe trying to keep insects out. We drove back to reception and asked if we could be moved. It was only 40% full so there was plenty of availability. We couldnt decide between a swimout or a penthouse but they said a swimout would cost $50 a day more. It would have been nice if the extra cost could have been waived as we wasted a couple of hours looking at other places and moving etc.... and it was our anniversary and my daughters birthday ....but they dont seem keen on upgrades even though we were paying a high rate ($370 per night I think) so anyway we opted for a penthouse near the lagoon at no extra cost and it was beautiful. Penthouse had a hot tub which wasnt hot and didnt really bubble - we asked them to take a look at it but we dont know if they couldnt fix it or if it was supposed to be like that. Penthouses have a BBQ which we did on a couple of evenings (there is a Coles supermarket in Port Douglas and a liquorland too which was great to stock up with some really good deals! hic !). Lovely view off the balcony and no nasty bleach smells. The only critisism was that the master bedroom had a small bed (a 'large double' ) and my daughter had a large king bed in the second bedroom which was rather odd. Someone came and aknowledged it was indeed a "very small bed" and even the headboard was much bigger on the sides but then the manager apparently said it was normal to have bigger beds in the second bedrooms as they were used to split into 2 single beds. If we had noticed before we unpacked we would have switched rooms and we were offered another move to an apartment with a King bed in the master bedroom but we really couldnt be bothered so we were rather squashed for most of the time and when I wanted a better nights sleep I slept with my daughter ! Big pool was fabulous. Bar didnt open until 12.00 but that didnt really bother us.
We prepaid a meal in the restaurant for our first night but it gave us a very limited choice and it didnt work out any cheaper at all so don't prepay! I really dont understand how they can offer such a non-existent 'deal'. After a bit of a ding dong we managed to get them to let us book from the normal menu which was really, really fabulous and ended up costing us less (with drinks) because we didnt have the 3 courses that were prepaid (very complicated I know). Also we had prepaid breakfast as it was advertised as 33% cheaper ($20 per person per day) but I wouldnt do that again as we often didnt fancy a full breakfast and you could buy a fantastic breakfast for $19.95 so, again, the prepayment was a bad idea and had, all together, cost us a lot. The apartment was generally lovely with a fab kitchen and bathrooms were great too with a huge jaccuzi bath. Only got bathroom products on the first day even though we were there for 6 days - yes we could have asked for more but didnt think that we should have to do that - this is where the sea temple lacks that extra 'star' for the money that you pay. Generally though we had a lovely stay and would stay again. Staff were very friendly and pleasant. Spa excellent and Restaurant excellent :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa is a five star resort located on Four Mile Beach, Tropical North Queensland - gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and Daintree Rainforest. This spacious retreat features a range of Port Douglas accommodation styles, situated around one of the largest lagoon pools in the Southern Hemisphere. Enjoy modern Australian dining in AQUA Restaurant, an invigorating spa treatment in Vie Spa, or a tropical refreshment whilst taking in the spectacular views at the Pool Bar. At Pullman Resort Port Douglas, our friendly team can organise your tours and activities, from rainforest tours to Great Barrier Reef day trips. With the latest wireless technology, Pullman luxury accommodation in Port Douglas will keep you perfectly connected in room and throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Temple Resort And Spa Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort & Spa Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Port Douglas
- Sea Temple Resort Port Douglas