I have been meaning to write this review for a month now. I stayed with some friends in January 2013. We had the 3 bedroom penthouse and it worked out great for everyone! The place was clean and had everything we needed. It's right on the main road so we could walk everywhere in town. John & Caroyln were the nicest. They arranged our transfers to and from the airport, as well as other various tours we ended up doing.
It was nice to have laundry in the unit too! The only down side is they don't have a lift in the building. We knew that in advance, but it's still a pain to lug all the luggage up. Other than that, not one thing to complain about. If we ever come back to Port Douglas, I would be sure to book here.
I have to mention, they are just honest, lovely people. I made a huge mistake and left my expensive camera in the van that took us to the airport. I didn't realize this until we reached Melbourne. John was able to reach the transport company and get the camera back for me. I was sick about not only losing the camera, but all my vacation photos. They arranged to get my camera back to me in Melbourne. I have to say, I can't imagine that ever would have happened in the US. I'm very thankful to have my camera and my photo's back! They really saved the trip for me! :-) Thanks so much!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- located in the heart of Port Douglas; easy walk to all restaurants, bars, the beach & shops. air conditioned luxury self contained apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com and HRS so you can book your Saltwater Luxury Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Saltwater Luxury Apartments Port Douglas