“Best meal we had at Port Douglas”

Rasa Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #53 of 117 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rasa Restaurant & Lounge offers a relaxing and stylish approach to contemporary dining and lounging. Set amongst lush tropical gardens and overlooking Niramaya's stunning resort pool, Rasa combines Asian inspiration, western culinary customs and hints of molecular gastronomy techniques. This combination delivers truly explosive tastes, with visually and texturally enhanced dishes focusing on regional and local produce. Combined with our unique twist on cocktails, share plates and intimate evening dining, you will find Rasa and its unique Balinese setting special enough for celebrations, yet casual and relaxed enough for everyday dining. At Rasa we do everything with love, so please come and share our unique experience with friends and loved ones.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best meal we had at Port Douglas”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had the 5 course degustation dinner last night at Rasa restaurant. It was Thursday development night. The food was beautifully presented and was a gastronomical delight. We had soft shelled crab, polenta skinned mahi mahi, five spiced quail with caramelised orange and Yuzu, roast duck breast and master stock caramel and a beautiful peanut parfait with chocolate and ice cream to finish. We have eaten out every night at various restaurants during our stay here and this was the best meal we have had at Port Douglas. It is definitely a must for anyone visiting Port Douglas. The service was also very good. Thank you Natasha. We rang ahead as we had a child with peanut allergy and they catered for her with a beautiful fried rice dish. The restaurant is set in very beautiful grounds. All in all a five star experience. A meal like this in NZ would have cost at least twice as much.

3 Thank Cktrippin

port douglas
“Great addition to Port”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Only opened last November and we should have tried this place sooner. But better late than never. Six of us went for dinner. Four are real foodies and they opted for the degustation. All waxed lyrical. My wife and I took the a la carte option and were similarly impressed. My barramundi was superbly prepared and presented. My wife's duck confit was similarly well received although both of us should probably have opted for sides since the respective serves were on the small side. Conversely, our friends did very well with the degustation portion sizes.

The location at Niramaya is lovely and we opted for a pool-side table. Lots of space between tables and as a group of six, could chat away without offending other guests.

The service was excellent. Just the right amount of waiting time between courses and well trained and very personable staff who were prepared to advise, inform and share information.

We will undoubtedly return again and again; in fact our friends made an immediate future reservation.

3 Thank john o
Melbourne, Australia
“Flavour explosion”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I love eating. I love food with great flavours. I appreciate a restaurant with a chiiled atmosphere. I also like dining with my kids. So Rasa was able to meet me on every point.

The subtle flavours that the chef weaved into the food and the mixture of textures and colours made it a feast for the senses. With the large semi-outdoor seating area with just enough light to make it feel laid-back but still smart makes Rasa a really great place to eat. The staff were even kind enough to comp us an extra dessert - thanks guys, it was great.

My only gripe: the kids' fried rice was overly sweet and gluggy. But the whole family is still raving about the meal and I'm sure we'll come again.

1 Thank algrant13
Sydney, Australia
“Best food in Port Douglas”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Having dined in several of the restaurants in PD I must say Rasa is by far the most memorable. From the delicious sliders to the slow cooked beef, flavours and texture were amazing. Service was friendly without being intrusive. Will definitely return.

1 Thank EveW416
Margaret River Region, Australia
“Asian Fusion at it's best!”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Dined at Rasa while on holidays with my partner and can't fault a single thing! The presentation of each course, the flavors and textures, the friendly and informative staff and the beautiful garden surroundings make this restaurant experience perfect in every way. Would definitely return!

1 Thank realfoodie91