Came here with by boyfriend. Beautiful resort. The various pools scattered around the resort are nice. Be sure to go inside the "caves", as there you will find the spa (there is a button to actually turn the spa on - Look for a white button on the walls". BBQ facilities are available, as well as a childrens' playground, so this is a great place for families. The Straits Cafe serves delicious meals. I highly recommend the full-cooked breakfast buffet. The resort also allows you to get takeaway food delivered to your villa. The villa was very clean, but you should check for bugs in the morning, as we found a cockroach under a cushion on the sofa and a spider in the bathroom. Also, the pool near the restaurant can get busy, so it is recommended to go to the other ones if you want peace and quiet. The tennis court is also very nice. The shuttle bus comes and goes every half an hour. If you are travelling a lot, get the day pass.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges offers two storey 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas each with a kitchen, laundry, separate lounge and dining areas, TV/DVD player and balcony or patio in over 110 square metres of living. Set on 15 acres of lush tropical gardens offering plenty of room to spread out and enjoy the facilities which include 2 large lagoon-style pools, 1 leisure pool, a children's pool, children's playground, gymnasium, 25m lap pool, tennis courts and a family BBQ area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Reef Resort Port Douglas by Rydges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Reef Resort Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Port Douglas
- Rendezvous Reef Hotel Port Douglas