Reef Resort Port Douglas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
QT Port Douglas(Port Douglas)
Oaks Lagoons(Port Douglas)
  • Beachfront
Great 4.5/5
Lazy Lizard Motor Inn(Port Douglas)
Excellent 5/5
Pink Flamingo(Port Douglas)
Excellent 5/5
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom villakids playgroundtwo storeymain poolbathroom upstairsbreakfast was includedbbq areafamily holidayshuttle busescooked breakfasthired a carliving areaself containedtown centrepool towelsthree bedroombbq facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2011

After having stayed as couple in 2010, we decided on a family holiday at Rendevouz for 2011. We stayed from 2 Oct to 10 October 2011. I had book in advance to get a great price of $190pn for a 2 bedroom deluxe villa. (They say the deluxe ones have been refurbished more recently than the superior rooms)
The room is modern with LCD TV, iPod dock sound system and DVD. Air cond in Living and both bedrooms, plus fans in all rooms. Self contained kitchen, but only a micro/convection oven and somewhat limited saucepans but worked well enough for a family of 4.
There are 2 big pools and they weren't over crowded, but could use a few more sun lounges. Cocktails and lunch served at the main pool.
Staff were very responsive to any issues (our drier didnt work and resort staff came in less than 20 minutes and appliance serviceman the next day and in the meantime they gave us access to the drier in another villa)
Fantastivc trip for teh family an we loved it as a couple ... will be going again!!

Room Tip: Some villas dont have a carport, some villas have a courtyard with direct pool access (safety gate is in place), book in advance for best savings, Qantas points available, use Entertainment Card for low rates.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank OffWeGo4Fun
Reviewed October 21, 2011

As a family of 4 we stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe villa. The villa was comfortable and clean, but nothing flash. We hardly spent any time in the villa as there is so much more to do in Port Douglas but the self contained villas were more than adequate. The walk into town is too long to tackle with young kids, but we hired bikes and had many pleasant rides into town along the track or along the beautiful beach, the shuttle bus runs frequently too. The pools at Rendezvous are fantastic, the resort supplies floating noodles and balls, our kids never wanted to get out of the water! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and very knowledgable in regards to tours and trips on offer. The restaurant serves yummy food at a reasonable price and with kids under 12 eating for free (with a paying adult) makes it even better! Although we had some late night noise disturbances from a neighbour, security dealt with this very efficiently and effectively.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Mel D
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The resort is ok. Did not like people camping in car park and being plugged into near by unit, looked like construction zone/drug. Not a good place for children. Would not recommend resort for families because of this.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Traveller996
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've been to Port Douglas a few times, and each time exploring somewhere new to stay. For the past 2 times however, i have stayed here at the Rendezvous due to relaxed and friendly vibe. The pools are brilliant, BBQs fantastic, beach-like villa's, and ultra-friendly staff. As for the villas, they have large balconies, full kitchens, laundries, large LCD tvs, air-con in all the rooms, and even a garage/car-port. Not to mention the ever-so-convenient bike rack, as i like to ride around town.

I have to agree with the previous review - that it's a bit unfair that people complain about the lounges being a slightly firm: seriously why would you visit Port Douglas if you are going to sit all day watching tv?! Go hire a car (or a bike), and drive up to Cape Tribulation, or to Cook Town, or to Mossman Gorge. Go for a dive on the reef, chill at the Courthouse Hotel, or the Iron Bar...but dont sit inside!

As for transport, every shuttle bus stops at the Rendezvous, so it's extremely easy to get in-and-out of town. I've walked it several times and it is not as far as what people make it out to be.

Other amenities include a 25m lap pool, a gym, and loads of open space to kick around a footy with your mates and enjoy a beer or 2. Many people have said that this is a family resort for kids, but we've also met loads of other young travellers there who we have spent several nights out together.

I am going back to Port Douglas for another holiday later this year, and will be staying right here at the Rendezvous.

Thank you Rendezvous for making my stay at Port Douglas as best as it could be.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Matt T
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I've been meaning to write this review for some time now but haven't got around to it, but after seeing some of the negative reviews I thought now was better time than ever.

I have stayed at Rendezvous many times over the last few years and have loved it every single time. I've seen the place come so far and it can only get better. The resort has a real family feel and is an ideal hub for exploring or relaxing in the area.

It may be a little out of town but for me that was half the fun of it as that walk to and from town is thoroughly enjoyable and if you go via the beach it's amazing. However if my body wasn't feeling up for it there was always a shuttle bus to and from town just a short wait away.

The rooms are ideal when traveling when a small group or just with another, yes the couches are a tad hard but hardly worth giving it a bad review! I mean who comes to beautiful Port Douglas to sit on a couch all day! Cannot say anything bad about the rooms, They may not be as flashy as the more expensive places but have a real beach house feel and are exactly what I am after, I find them perfect. They're fully self contained which means you have your privacy and don't have to worry about about being woken up by a maid each day, which means I can sleep in as long as I like.

The grounds are great, ample room to play ball games and run around. Pools are a great place to unwind with a beer at the end of the day, and I love the communal feel of the BBQ area which is always a great place to make new friends. The guys at the front desk are great and always there to offer advice and book any tours I am after.

For me Rendezvous has been like a second home to me when staying in Port Douglas and I can't wait to return

• Stayed: January 2011