Port Douglas Plantation Resort
The Port Douglas Outrigger(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$172
Thala Beach Nature Reserve(Oak Beach)(Great Value!)
$257
$151
  • Pool
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$191
$182
Sheraton.com
  • Beachfront
Pink Flamingo(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$134
  • Pool
Peninsula Boutique Hotel(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$292
Orbitz.com
Peppers Beach Club(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$236
$214
$279
  • Pool
Paradise Links Resort(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$131
$103
Lazy Lizard Motor Inn(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$89
Ramada Resort Port Douglas(Port Douglas)(Great Value!)
$128
$116
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsholiday apartmentfully self containedgorgeous poolminute driveapartment was spaciouscooking facilitieswashing machine and dryerstayed here for nightsthe main streettennisaccommodationconveniencecourtunithostsfans
Reviewed September 8, 2011

First time on trip advisor, so here goes.
If you can picture Heaven's gate, see it for real from Cairns to "Port" I thought the Great Southern Road was great, but this drive was AMAZING!!!
Pulled into the resort, and instantly got the 'tropical fever', the gardens looked fantastic.
Checked in with more smiles. Went to the room and just loved it! Fresh, clean and breezy. I am a fussy traveller and was very impressed with the standard, so to the Housekeeping team. Well Done.
The pool area, with facilities (secret) one of the best I have seen. Had a brilliant stay in the most beautiful part of the world I have been to.
Check this place out, highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Toni S
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Great for families - kids loved the pool area. Apartments were clean, staff friendly and helpful. We had a rental car so not sure about public transport. We have a 1and 3 year old and the holiday highlights for us were the outer Reef snorkeling, skyrail, Mosman gorge, Cairns play area on the waterfront and the Plantation resort pool area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I booked this resort for the last 6 days of our holiday to Queensland and from the reviews on tripadvisor thought we were going to a place where we could both relax and enjoy the expansive grounds and surroundings. The photos showed bright, spacious modern rooms with sunny outside seating areas but the room we were allocated was nothing like this. The one room apartment was a reasonable size and appeared adequately clean and well equipped but it was so dark and dingy and the terrace area at the back was worse as planting blocked out almost all the light and gave it a claustrophobic feeling. It certainly wouldn't have tempted me to sit and relax with a book and a drink. I was beginning to think I had accidently booked a different place to the one I researched but since returning home I have double checked and have come to the conclusion that the vast bulk of the photos must be the 2 bed apartments which were in a different area of the complex.

We asked for a room change but we were informed all one bedroom apartments were essentialy the same. At this point my husband decided we would not stay. To be fair Donna accepted that decision and agreed to let us cancel without any charge as she had someone else who wanted the room. She e mailed Agoda for us and the situation was resolved.

If you are looking for a laid back base for a family holiday or with a group of friends then this resort may well meet your requirements but if you are hoping for a tropical paradise with an escapist feel you may be disappointed. We found a much nicer place in the centre for very little extra.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sue22
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The service there was very bad, probably very poor. I hated the musty rooms they were very filthy and dusty. I don't recommend this hotel at all

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Kbirn
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We returned to Plantation Resort again this January, and had a great time in the relaxing surroundings. The location provides a great base for sightseeing to Cairns, Tablelands or PD itself. The local staff was great as usual, and the pool and gardens were exceptionally maintained.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family