Stayed at the Meridian for 4 nights of our honeymoon in PD. We had the deluxe honeymoon apartment on the ground level. This place was very spacious and had everything we needed. Best parts were the private courtyard with jacuzzi and flowers, the private patio and sun deck with pool access, and the location. This place is just a brief walk to all the restaurants and bars in PD. You can even walk to the marina and sunday market. Our apartment was pretty well cleaned, a few ants here and there, but it is the beach and rainforest, so I'm sure we got off easy on the bug thing. This is smaller hotel with very personable service. The owner showed us our room, gave us some advice on restaurants and booked our activities for us. Free parking underground was nice. Great to have a washer and dryer in the room. All the amenities were nice. Nice pool. A/C worked great. Only negatives were that you have to pay for extra towels and our bed was too hard. Furniture wasn't that comfortable in the apartment either, but we weren't staying in the apartment much.
We did Jungle surfing at Cape Tribulation, which you must try and visit. The drive up is amazing from PD. Also did the Quicksilver GBR tour, also pretty amazing, includes lunch. Go to the Sunday market for souveniers. Driving is very strange for Americans, so be careful.
We dined at Harrison's and Salsa, both were really nice and great food. Little expensive, but expected. There are tons of restaurants so no worries there.
I would definitely recommend staying at the Meridian based on the atmosphere and location to Everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meridian Port Douglas offers 4.5 star rated boutique apartment style accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. An adult haven of privacy and relaxation for couples and singles has been created in a selection of stylish self-contained Studio Rooms and One Bedroom Apartments, surrounding a heated lagoon style pool set in tropical gardens. Accommodation options include swim up pool access rooms or your own private jacuzzi. The Meridian Port Douglas is ideal for couples and singles that desire a peaceful and relaxing getaway however mature teenagers over the age of 16 years are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Meridian Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Meridian Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Meridian Hotel