My (now) wife and I first stayed at the Meridian in August, 2010, in a 1 Bedroom Superior Apartment with a pool deck. We fell in love with the place instantly! Our room was spacious, modern and sparkling clean. The pool was heaven and both the beach and the main street were just a few minutes' walk away. Our stay was lovely and quiet, and John and his staff were very friendly and helpful.
Fast forward to June, 2012 and newly engaged, my wife and I chose to base ourselves at the Meridian again, this time, in a Studio Premier room. We travelled to Port Douglas this time around to plan our August, 2013 destination wedding. Though a smaller room type than that which we stayed in originally, we loved our studio room and thoroughly enjoyed the Meridian once more. In April, 2013, we were back for our third stay (!), this time with our parents, in order to meet local providers and finish planning our upcoming wedding. We each had our own studio room and it is safe to say, our parents loved the Meridian as much as we do!
August, 2013 came around very quickly and we were very excited for our 1 Bedroom Superior Apartment with pool deck for our wedding stay! Upon arrival, we were warmly welcomed back by John... Who very kindly surprised us with an upgrade to a Honeymoon Deluxe Apartment! We were thrilled with our room and felt so spoilt having both a pool deck AND a jacuzzi, it was such a treat! We were even treated with a bottle of champagne upon arrival! We felt so special.
This year in April, we stayed at the Meridian once more. This time, we chose to stay in a Superior Studio with pool deck. As usual, the Meridian shone through on all fronts! If you are looking for modern, quiet and comfortable apartment-style accommodation in Port Douglas, close to Four Mile Beach and Macrossan St, then the Meridian Port Douglas is for you. We cannot recommend it enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meridian Port Douglas offers 4.5 star rated boutique apartment style accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. An adult haven of privacy and relaxation for couples and singles has been created in a selection of stylish self-contained Studio Rooms and One Bedroom Apartments, surrounding a heated lagoon style pool set in tropical gardens. Accommodation options include swim up pool access rooms or your own private jacuzzi. The Meridian Port Douglas is ideal for couples and singles that desire a peaceful and relaxing getaway however mature teenagers over the age of 16 years are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Meridian Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Meridian Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Meridian Hotel