Stayed here for two nites during our visit to Australia and was pleasantly surprised. The location was very good, near the beach and the main strip and the room was very big, with a kitchen and huge porch. Everything was very clean and well kept. The service was excellent too, as the ladies in reception helped us to plan our days and even transportation. It was super convenient.
Only negative thing I would say wouldn't be about the hotel. It was me and my gf and we are in our early 30s with no kids. We don't "go out" big time much anymore, but port Douglas was a bit too relaxed for us. The beach wasn't that great (even had "stinger nets" out, so limited swimming area) and the town was asleep about 11 it seemed. We spent one nite in cairns and it was a lot more happenin'. Anyway, it was nice and relaxing though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meridian Port Douglas offers 4.5 star rated boutique apartment style accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. An adult haven of privacy and relaxation for couples and singles has been created in a selection of stylish self-contained Studio Rooms and One Bedroom Apartments, surrounding a heated lagoon style pool set in tropical gardens. Accommodation options include swim up pool access rooms or your own private jacuzzi. The Meridian Port Douglas is ideal for couples and singles that desire a peaceful and relaxing getaway however mature teenagers over the age of 16 years are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Meridian Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Meridian Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Meridian Hotel