It was our first time to Port Douglas. My partner and I did some search for accommodation on the internet and checked out some recommendations from friends prior to the trip and we couldn't decide where to stay because it seems most of the places in town at our usual budget range (200-300$/night) look quite old and wore out. 12 hours before we headed to the airport we booked a superior room at Meridian with a private yard and jacuzzi spa for 200 bucks per night. The hotel arranged shuttle bus to pick us up at Cairns airport (34$ per person) and 1.5h later we were in our room. The hotel looks nothing fancy from the entrance but the location is great. About 100 metres to the main street in town and 2 minutes walk to the beach.The front desk lady is very nice and friendly. Our room is clean, tidy and bright. It got pretty much everything you need. We loved the jacuzzi spa in our private yard especially after a game of golf. The outdoor pool is small but quiet and clean. Although we have passed some other properties in Port Douglas looks much nicer from outside we honestly have nothing to complain about our stay at meridian. It was nothing luxurious but it was comfortable, safe and convenient. I'd agree with people that if you go to Port Douglas try to stay close to the main street even if you have to compromise a bit on the quality of the accommodation. Coz after all you will be out most of the time anyway. And if you just want to chill at a luxury resort, then Port Douglas might not be the right desitination. Plenty of 5 stars resorts in Southeast Asia with better food and service to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meridian Port Douglas offers 4.5 star rated boutique apartment style accommodation in the heart of Port Douglas. An adult haven of privacy and relaxation for couples and singles has been created in a selection of stylish self-contained Studio Rooms and One Bedroom Apartments, surrounding a heated lagoon style pool set in tropical gardens. Accommodation options include swim up pool access rooms or your own private jacuzzi. The Meridian Port Douglas is ideal for couples and singles that desire a peaceful and relaxing getaway however mature teenagers over the age of 16 years are welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Meridian Port Douglas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Meridian Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Meridian Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Meridian Hotel