“Amazing trip -once in a lifetime - DO IT!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing trip -once in a lifetime - DO IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I went on a Minke whale trip with EYE to EYE in 2011, it was disappointing that I couldn’t write a review at that time as I rely on Tripadvisor quite a lot to book holidays and I wanted to share our amazing experience with others.

So although it’s been 2 years since we did our live aboard trip it still rates as one of the best weeks of our lives. The opportunity to see these majestic animals up close is truly a once in a lifetime experience. It is mesmerizing to watch them and they too seem just as intrigued by the encounter.

The EYE to EYE company is second to none in terms of their organization, care and commitment to conservation.- this was of the utmost importance to me. The food was great, boat extremely comfortable and I can honestly say the crew bent over backwards to ensure guests have a great time.

I look forward to again joining EYE to EYE on another Minke trip in the near future. Thank you to the Rumney family (particularly John and Jenna) for such an amazing experience. : ) J

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Eye to Eye Marine Encounters Minke Whale diving trip was truly the most amazing trip of my life. I cannot recommend the Eye to Eye team more highly! If you want to see the Great Barrier Reef at it's absolute best and have the most remarkable wildlife encounter you will probably ever have in your life then these are the guys to go with.

The whales were absolutely astonishing. Over the course of one day we had about 25- 30 individual Minke Whales swimming with us. The whales approached our boat stayed with us for about 7 - 8 hours in the water. It was really quite overwhelming incredible and the whales are so beautiful and gentle that you feel extremely safe.

As well as that at all times you know the whales care is being put first and foremost.

The crew were absolutely sensational. Professional, highly skilled and not to mention so much fun!

The food on board was amazing and in plentiful supply as well as being fresh and healthy!

Do this trip if you get the chance!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Briony B
“Amazing experience with passionate hosts/crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went on this trip a few years ago, each time we went for the whales they were out and about. They swam so close that I could have touched them. They would begin by passing everyone at a distance where you could just see them and then each pass they would get closer and closer. My favourite was when one of them approached really slowly and rolled over as it neared so it could get a better look at me and I was looking straight into its eye. I didn't believe it when they said it is a spiritual experience but that was the moment I realised what they were on about.

On top of the swimming with whales experienced we went snorkelling and scuba diving at some amazing spots on the great barrier reef and finished off with a night at Lizard Island. The hosts were amazing and the food was just as good and had to be to keep us snorkelling, scuba diving and swimming with the whales each day.

Visited July 2013
“One of the most amazing experiences of my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

It is hard to find the words to describe the Dwarf Minke Whale experience. The crew were amazing, informative, insightful, fun and added to the wonderful experience.

Being in the water with Dwarf Minke Whales is something else. What you feel when a whale swims up to you for the first time in unforgettable.

The snorkelling is also amazing and the sights seen are fantastic.

I suffered from motion sickness, however this did not detract from how awesome the trip was.

Thank you for allowing me to experience one of the most amazing sights nature has to offer.

Visited July 2013
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is an incredible experience to get up close to Minke whales and learn about their mysterious ways, as well as do world class diving (or snorkelling if you prefer).

On my trip I had several long encounters with many curious and graceful whales - such a unique and moving experience. Passengers held onto ropes in the water as the whales did laps around the boat, gradually building confidence to come closer and closer - sometimes so close you could touch them. They are truly beautiful creatures. Each trip has scientists on board who have been studying the whales now for over 10 years. The researchers observe the whales for their research, and incorporate observations from passengers as well so its feel like you are part of the project.

In between whale observation sessions, there was spectacular diving to be done on the outer reef. The boat was simple and comfortable, with everything I needed, and the crew was friendly and genuinely passionate about their job, the whales, and the natural environment.

Highly recommend it to anybody who gets the opportunity - one of the best experiences of my life.

Visited October 2012