“Bloody Beauty Mate”

Eclipse FNQ Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Live aboard charter vessel based in Far North Queensland.We provide a modern catamaran mothership with 4 custom made heavy duty aluminum tenders for Cape York and Great Barrier Reef Sport fishing, Saltwater fly fishing, Spear fishing, diving, research and custom made charters Our primary focus is offering 6 day/7 night live aboard fishing charters in Cape York/Gulf Carpentaria for small groups up to 10 anglers. You can target up to 40 different species within these remote waters with a variety of estuary fishing, inshore reefs and bluewater fishing all in one week. We can offer you some of the best Barramundi fishing Cape York has to offer.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you want to fish this is the trip for you. Comfortable accommodation, scrummy food, top guides small fishing parties in separate craft, B and J top hosts. Go for it!!!!!

1  Thank Clyde E

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am a fishing tragic who turned 50 recently. I decided I would go on a mother-ship type charter to celebrate my 1/2 century and came across an ad for Eclipse FNQ Charters in a fishing mag. A little research and a few emails with Joe told me that this was the right one for me. Unfortunately another mate pulled out and I was left to go solo for the last week of Sept. After 6 full days of fishing sunrise to sunset they had to throw me off the boat to go home. I felt like a kid who didn't want to leave the toy shop. Everything others have said is spot on. Fishing was sometimes challenging, sometimes easy but always so much fun. A boat full of total strangers became fishing companions and friends by the end of the trip, not to mention Joe and B who are excellent hosts. The fishing guides were great too. Just like one big family. I have only been back 3 days and am already planning another trip in a few years time.

2  Thank Warren B
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The attention for detail put into outfitting this boat to make it comfortable for the guests is nothing short of remarkable. Clean linen, comfortable rooms, unlimited water (on board desalinator), air-conditioning etc etc. Let alone the great food - beautifully cooked, hand picked knowledgeable guides (who were great guys) were the iceing on the cake complementing the unreal fishing and majestic country.

Like the other reviewers I cannot fault the trip or the owners, and in agreement with 14Wendy "you will NOT be disappointed"

2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Bianca and Joe have put in an enormous amount of thought and consideration into their operation - and it shows. The whole crew were warm, accommodating, knowledgable and incredibly sensitive to our comfort and enjoyment. The Eclipse is remarkably well fitted out, and the attention to detail and presentation is extraordinary. Ours was a mixed group of fish-til-you-drop keeners (who are still wearing ear-to-ear grins) and a fishing newbie who swang gently in the hammock on the top deck (thanks Joe) til the next amazing meal (thanks Bianca), happy to potter along for less intensive fishing, catching the occasional barra, having a beach walk or checking the mudcrab traps. It was a wonderful week and we have already booked, and are looking forward to, our next trip out with the Eclipse.

2  Thank CASSydney_Australia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My extended family have just had the most amazing week on this charter companys ship. From the 5 star accommodation and 5 star food and top rate fishing. We were more than impressed. Gourmet food, beautiful got showers after a day on the water. Please please please use this company. You will NOT be disappointed.

2  Thank 14wendy