“Average”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here while on holidays in Port Douglas and the food was average. It wasn't unenjoyable but it wasn't up to standard. The naan was thick and doughy, the rice is long grain not basmati (and clumpy), and the lamb in our korma had been fried off and not braised or marinated in a sauce which left it a little dry. Average service as well, though I believe the staff were new. If you're desperate for Indian this place isn't bad, but I wouldn't recommend it.

2  Thank supergirl2111

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We grabbed some takeaway from here and it was delicious and initially we found it expensive (no disount for takeaway but we did receive some complimentary soft drink) but when we saw what was inside of the containers the food portions were generous we had enough for leftovers (family of 4) the butter chicken was superb and we eat a lot of Inidan food from all over the place. So I am surprised at some of the reviews here. Thanks for an enjoyable meal!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The service was excellent and the food tasty, but the curry was a little too bland for our taste. A very good meal nevertheless.

1  Thank JGleave
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I got the impression that the food was reheated or that they mixed premade paste with liquid... The meat was grizzly and dry. The curry sauce lacked flavor (how is that possible??? It's a curry!!!! ). The vindaloo had no texture, lots of oil floating on top and tasted nothing like vindaloo.

1  Thank Silje R
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Food is good and the waiter provided good service. I will recommend this restaurant like all restaurants in port douglas, is seem overpriced

1  Thank Shirley R