“A great fun activity never to be forgotten.”

Bike N Hike Adventure Tours
Ranked #30 of 77 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Great way to spend half a day or a night riding/hiking on the Famous Bump Track or Harley's Falls. We cater for small and big groups and provide great bikes and equipment. We aim to make your smile bigger as the ride gets rougher.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I are in our mid fifties, I used to do a lot of bike riding (push and motor), and my wife used to ride the school and her friends places all about 40 years ago. These days we both have MTB's but mainly ride on the flat.
I read all the positive reviews about the ride but still had reservations about doing it then thought " no guts no glory" so put a very convincing story to my wife and booked the ride. From the minute we were picked from our hotel we were given plenty of positive encouragement, and on arrival at the top of the Bump Track we were fitted out with the gear, given our bikes and full instruction on how everything was going to work. From there it was all downhill.
The ride was fantastic through the rain forest at night and everyone could travel at the pace that was comfortable for them. The trip was done on sections so we all met up regularly to check on everyone and a few stops to look at pythons crossing the track and other points of interest.
It is downhill and it is bumpy but it was an exciting experience that we will remember long after the scratches and bruises have gone (yes we both managed to come off) and I would do it again in a flash if I am every back in Pt Douglas.

2  Thank notafussytraveller
There are newer reviews for Bike N Hike Adventure Tours

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My wife and I did the bump track night ride a few days ago while on our holiday in Port Douglas. While I consider myself an experienced MTB rider my wife was a complete novice. She was a little nervous about the ride however the crew at Bike N Hike cater for all levels of experience and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our bikes were high spec Giant 'All Mountain' bikes that had long suspension travel that were perfectly suited to the trail and smoothed out every bump that the trail through at us. In fact these bikes was the main factor in us choosing to ride with Bike N Hike. Too often on an MTB tour you get old; poorly maintained bikes where the suspension travel is nonexistent. Adding to the experience the guide Johnny stopped a number of times to give us a run down on the history of the trail and 'play' with the flora and fawner. So in a nutshell the bump track is a great trail; to be ridden on great bikes and throw in a great guide and you have an experience that in my opinion is on pa with any reef dive you can do while visiting Port Douglas! When I return to this neck of the woods I'll be signing up to ride again without giving it a second thought.

1  Thank TiMBiG
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had been riding with Johnny for the 4th time at bump track, it was a wonderful experience, i would recommend to everybody. I had been riding in Scandinavia and Asia but this is the best experience i ever had. The equipment is outstanding! Fantastic tour guide! The track is excellent for biking, the fresh air, forest, milky way, starts and moon looks so special at the bump track. The Kangaroos, snakes and some other animals will come over to say Hi to you all the time! And, Crocodile as well!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful blend of nature experience and activity excitement. The operators are charming and clearly have spent well on top quality lighting and dual suspension equipment. The night ride "bump track" program is 2.0 hours duration with 1.5 on the bike. Wow how time flies when you're having fun. My wife is a MTB novice and managed the trail slowly with ease. For more adventurous MTB riders the track has its own challenges and rewards. Well recommended and a really pleasant surprise. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Fantastic time heading down the old horse track for a couple of trail newbies. Saw snakes and even a crocodile in the river on the way back to town! Great bikes, lovely support and staff - thanks for an unforgettable moment - Luke and Jess