“Dont dive with anyone else!!!”

ABC Scuba Diving Port Douglas
Ranked #3 of 77 Tours in Port Douglas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our totally unique operation in Port Douglas makes us the diver’s and snorkeler’s choice. We take the smallest number of passengers to many pristine areas of the outer reef systems. Well away from all of the mass market tourist operators. All of our scuba diving is privately guided and we offer free professional underwater photos of your adventures.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The most amazing holiday ever. I had never experienced scuba diving before and thought seeing we were heading to Port Douglas it was a great opportunity to see the Great Barrier Reef from below. Did a web search and found Jay Wink at ABC Dive and Accommodation. We emailed Jay outlining roughly what we thought we wanted. He put together a plan and also suggested if we were really serious about completing our PADI open water to do the on line course before we headed up there. This was great advice and prepared me a little better for what was to come. Jay organised everything the dives, the gear everything. Total stress free. We learnt so much about the reef and saw some incredible fish including a stingray. Jays local knowledge, friendly manner and diving experience was great and he certainly needed it at times to keep me "calm" as i got used the new under water environment. We passed our PADI and did 9 dives in the time we were there, every day with Jay. He has done over 6000 dives in his life and it shows, his experience and calmness under the water is really reassuring and I am really glad he has given us the best introduction ever…Thanks Jay would have no hesitation in recommending you...

1  Thank Tracey N

Reviewed December 10, 2013

On a three week holiday to Australia from the UK we spent a week in Port Douglas staying in the Coral Sea Beach House. I also learnt to dive, achieving my open water diving certificate under the patient guidance from Jay Wink. The accomodation is stunning, immaculate with air conditioning plus ceiling fans in each room also a private and welcoming swimming pool. The accomodation offers security and a luxurious home away from home feel. If you want to self cater the kitchen has everything you could possibly require to do so with ease. Jay and his wife were more than welcoming and were happy to recomend restaurants and local sights. I had never dived before and was quite apprehensive initially, our first day was spent in the local pool before venturing out on the reef. The days on the reef started with a relaxed breakfast at a cafe before heading out onto the boat. Jay was a brilliant instructor, his years of experience enabled a relaxed but informative atmosphere. He was able to calm any nerves I had, so much so once I had completed my open water diving certificate, I went out for another day. Jays photography has given me a lasting reminder of a wonderful week spent on the Great Barrier Reef, not sure I will be able to top the experience but I look forward to diving again, and would certainly recomend Jay and The Coral Beach House.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Jay took our group for an adventure on the reef rather than just a dive. He manages everything without you having to give it any thought. This makes for great diving. We did two seperate days with Jay and virtually just sat back and let it happen. Right from breakfast in a cafe to the evening beer we were relaxed (but Jay did have to nudge me along at lunch times) and enjoyed the whole experience. Great thing is he has this fantastic camera so all the experiences are now going into my photo album - awesome shots by the way Jay. I would recommend anyone going to Port Douglas for some diving to look up Jay at ABC Queensland Adventures as even though you pay for his service to guide you he does much more than that he gives you an experience not to be forgotten. Not sure if we would have had such a good time if we had just hopped on a boat with all the groups - service and a dedicated guide/photographer would certainly not be there!
Anyway for all the money you spend to get there i think it's the best investment you can make to ensure a good holiday dive with memories.
Thanks so much Jay

1  Thank Roger C
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just a smidge over 50 years young I thought it was time I experienced what diving beneath the ocean would be like. Having spent many a year on top of it fishing, I thought I should actually get a glimpse of what it would be like from a different perspective.
Well did a bit of a search and came across ABC Diving and Accommodation. I called Jay and explained what I thought I wanted to do and within a conversation he had a plan that suited everything I needed and more. Well the time came and from the moment we arrived in his new modern and spotless accommodation the game was on. Not only did we have one on one diving experience from swimming pool to ocean floor there was not a moment he was not there to help us, teach us or even fill our tanks....We saw some amazing sights and completed our PADI open water diving certification as well. Thanks Jay what a week ...we will certainly be back.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

"Wow" is what comes to my mind whenever i think of our diving experience.
Scuba Diving was something which we all wanted to do for a long time.
Most of them in our group had basics skills of swimming, we were not experts.
Now with this kind of background, it was a big challenge for all of us to plan for scuba.,
That is when we heard about Jay and his expertise in rendering these diving experiences to even guys like us who were basic swimmers.
We called him and explained our current situation and got his recommendations for the dive.
Jay was so polite and humble in answering all our queries and also few silly questions that we had.
This gave us a good boost to start off to the adventure.We booked a pool session for initial practice and then the actual dive.

We all landed on 09th Nov 2013 in Port Douglas. We met jay in the evening and he welcomed us with a bright smile.we all then went to our pool session for initial hands-on for scuba. Jay got us the scuba equipment for the pool session and made all of us so comfortable in the pool session, the fear of deep sea drastically slipped out of our mind. The expertise and skills he portrayed was simply awesome. We all had a wonderful pool session. I would highly recommend new divers to undergo this session, it really helps :)

11th Nov 2013, was the day for the scuba diving.Jay picked us at our stay in the morning.Later on had a good breakfast and quick funny chat with Jay.
Jay could actually sense our nervousness and he started making all of us feel better. As the day passed, we were more relaxed and ready for the big dive.
As soon as we stepped into water, "wow" "wow" & "wow" what an experience!! All the instructions and tips in the pool session came handy and we started enjoying the dive. It was one of the memorable experience we all had.Without Jay's help we would have not got such a awesome deep sea diving experience.
we would extended our thanks and regards to Jay, who actually made our diving experience memorable.

We all would highly recommend jay :) Jay you are a Rockstar :)