“Terrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Tree Bar and Grill
Ranked #55 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Buderim, Australia
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

The setting of this restaurant is lovely and we were really looking forward to eating here. We only had the one dinner here as we were staying somewhere else. I had the pork belly which was just a pork spare rib that was grilled and was extremely tough. I asked for a steak knife to eat it but ended up leaving it. The kids had spaghetti which was just tuck shop food. We heard the table next to us complaining about there steak being tough. It looked like a cheap piece of rump. All of the meals were very ordinary. As good as a truckers diner. I never complain but I had to this time and it went onto deaf ears by the restaurant manager that basically just said sorry and that's it. If I ever wanted my money back that was it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
“Really really disappointing :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

After hearing good reviews about this place, we decided to give it a shot. That and because we were staying next door. Unfortunately I was pretty ill my first few days in Port Douglas so after not eating properly for 3 days I decided to try for dinner. I couldn't eat much and promptly left however I returned a few days later for their buffet breakfast. I cannot stress enough how basic it is. Whilst it looks awesome all set up, the eggs were just rubbery and no taste what so ever. The salt packets were not stored in a dry area thus the salt was caked together and all mushy and just unable to be used. The Swiss Bircher muesli had soured really really bad and fruit selection really boring. They did however have other things on offer such as cereal, toast muffins, spreads, bacon, sausages, baked beans which is good value for $$ if you have a family to feed. It just unfortunately was not to my liking. I probably should say eating poolside was really beautiful.

Paris, France
“Breakfast and Dinner !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Relaxed atmosphere, friendly helpful staff and good food and wine. Full bar service and happy hour!! The restaurant and bar overlook the pool.

Visited October 2013
Sydney
“Superb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ate there for breakfast and it was so relaxing and the staff fantastic. We also had a few lunches and a few dinners and I cant rave on enough about how good the food is! The pasta specials were out of this word and the prices so so reasonable! Lovely wines and overall just the best experience. I would have eaten there every night but thought we better leave the hotel at least once! lovely outdoor setting undercover with ceiling fans. Great friendly staff, lovely Scottish manager and some English and Irish back packer waitresses. Couldn't fault it for anything!

• Visited October 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Eating at the Tree Bar and Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Nice menu. Enough items to choose from that didn't break the bank. Has a pool bar there too. Very nice complex.

Visited October 2013