“First good impressions did not last...”
Review of Cayman Villas

Cayman Villas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Stayed over a week with young family, overall facilties were good. Pool, kitchen, big rooms and great patio area. However the details like poor room service (only once at mid-stay and sheets and towels only, no cleaning), old and useless kitchen pots and utensils and washing hotel-issued beachtowels ourselves really put us off. And rooms quite noisy, walls seem hollow. Not what I expected for a rate of over $350/ night (w discount!).

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed at the Cayman Villas during the school holidays with our baby and my mum and assorted other family members. We had a selection of 2 and 3 bedroom apartments between us and were very happy with the style, layout and size of the rooms.
The balcony had a dirty floor - we were told that because of the non slip surface on the tiles they can't be mopped only vacuumed, and it did mean we had dirty feet at night, but otherwise everything was very good.
The swimming pool is heated, which might sound weird, but when you leave winter in the southern states, you want to be able to swim and other hotels we have stayed at haven't had a heated pool and it is cold! They have some buckets and spades and pool toys available also for use in and around the pool.
The apartments are a very short walk to the main shopping street and the beach, so you don't really need a car if you are only looking to relax so I recommend this as an excellent location to stay.

1  Thank Kirsten086
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We wanted central location walking distance to wharf, main street and beach, it was perfect. We wanted a 3 bedroom apartment to share with grandparents - plenty of room. We wanted a heated swimming pool that wasn't too small - it was beautiful. It really did tick all the boxes. Their web page is true to how it looks and it helps to have floor plans to know which apartment to choose. The apartments are lovely and spacious, clean and up-to-date. The hosts were absolutely lovely and seemed to make everyone's needs a priority. We did go at peek time so it was a little expensive for us but so was everything else in comparison. It's perfect for families, but there were quite a few couples enjoying there time there too. There really wasn't anything that I could complain about only that we didn't get to stay longer ... hopefully there will be a next time.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My family ( 2 adults, one child ) had just returned from a 4 night stay at Cayman Villas. We were in Apartment no. 4. I was initially concerned after the negative review I read regarding noise levels from this apartment, but the concerns proved unfounded. We had no issues with noise, either from the pool or the stairwells. In fact we appreciate having the pool in such proximity to the apartment, and being able to look out to the pool to see what our child ( age 12 ) was up to. The bedrooms were set back from the pool so any noises were inaudible by the time we shut the bedroom doors. We loved the fact that the pool was a good size, heated, and the complex is so close to Macrossan street and the marina. Sharon was very helpful with our tour bookings and to sort out any other problems. Taking out the rubbish wasn't a big deal for us. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We needed a 3 bedroom apartment for the first time ever, due to teenage daughters and friends! Lucky for us as otherwise we may have missed staying at the beautiful Cayman Villas. We all had spacious rooms, , the private balconies in the 2 larger bedrooms were unique, and I loved how you could convert the inside living/kitchen and outside Louvre enclosed balcony in to 1 huge room by sliding the glass doors 2 frames open. Then there was the pool and barbecue area. A heated pool is what I dream of and this was kept at the perfect temperature, while the barbecue's x 2 were kept spotlessly clean and thoughtfully replete with various utensils, oils, salts, a fridge and even extra suntan cream. Dave and Sharon were fantastic hosts and we will definitely be back- all our friends who visited us from their accommodation were very envious and commented on Cayman Villas being a winner!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Thank you to all the past reviews who rated these villas so highly.
The amazing owners and staff allow you to enjoy the apartments as if they are your own, but provide amazing service when requested - for me the perfect hosts.
The Villas all overlook the pool and are fully self contained. The location is perfect - 200m from the beach, 100m from the main street.
The pictures do not do the place justice - from the moment you arrive until you depart, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our family travels at least twice a year, my husband and I work in the hospitality/tourist industry. We are happy to stay in all types of accommodation, as long as we know what to expect.

When I booked Cayman Villas my husband was travelling with work and we hadn't seen each other for three months. I was looking for a beautiful villa to spend some good quality, relaxing time together as a family with our two teenage children.
I read all the previous reviews, unfortunately I ignored the negatives and only focus on the pretty pictures and talk of a big heated pool.

I found a good price on the net but worried that the room wouldn't be as nice as shown on the web site, so I contacted the villa direct. I explained this was an important trip for us and I wanted to be sure our room would be as lovely as the pictures on their web site, if need be I would of paid the higher rate. The manager matched the price and assured me that we would get a room as shown on the web page and overlooking the pool.

We turned up early on the off chance we could check in early, we couldn't, that’s ok no harm trying :)

The manager told me they were really busy as it was the start of the silly season. I asked again if we had a nice room and was assured that all the rooms are nice. She was helpful with information on places to go and eat, offered to let us leave the car etc.

We came back got our keys along with a little map directing us to our villa (number 4) from the basement car park. Check in is 2pm, by this time the kids and I had been up since 3.30 am, we were exhausted.

My first impression of the villa was nice, good size, clean enough. We had gone grocery shopping, so while hubby grabbed our bags I put the food in the fridge and the kids checked out the rooms.

Between the lounge room and the verandah are big glass sliding doors, as soon as my daughter pulled these open all we could hear was screaming kids. I walked over to the big shutters and opened them; our verandah was literally about 4 feet away from the sun lounges around the pool. I looked out directly into someone’s eyes who smiled at me; I smiled back and closed the shutters.

There was no way we could sit on our verandah looking out at the lush gardens as the pictures show on the web site, there were people everywhere looking straight into our rooms.
There are no curtains to close between the villa and the verandah so to have any privacy we had to keep the shutters closed. The side windows looked out onto the unites next door, so we had to keep them shut. The bedrooms looked out onto a courtyard but at any time the courtyard could be accessed by a path, maybe no one walked around there, but I wasn't about to leave those blinds open!

Maybe I should have gone to reception and asked for another room, but I was dead tired, I had already unpacked the food. I hadn't seen my husband for three months and didn't want to start our trip off on a negative note.

Our villas outlook was nothing like the pictures shown on the web site. If this was all that could be offered I wish they had told me when I rang and asked. I had been extremely specific in asking for a room as shown on their web site, I should not have had to worry about this.

Too tired to think it through we stayed that first night. I seriously contemplated asking the next day but I had already been told how busy they were. We had spent a night in the villa and I couldn't be bothered with all the hassles, also I didn't want to waste our time together.

We stayed five nights with all the blinds closed. The only time I opened the verandah shutters was before 8am in the morning, when I was up before everyone else having my coffee. We kept the glass doors closed nearly the entire time so we didn't have to listen to everyone’s pool side conversations.

We didn't get any noise from the villa above, but the noise from the stairway and verandah is a real shock, it’s almost as if the people are in the room with you. Lucky for us the place was full of happy little families with kids in floaties, noisy yes, but not offensive. I can’t imagine how horrible villa number 4 would be if there were loud parties as a previous review complained about.

We had a car and spent most days out and about, Cape Tribulation, Mossman gorge, Sky Rail etc. We loved Port Douglas and had a fantastic time together.

I wouldn't risk staying in any of the ground floor villas; all but one of the ground floor villas had their shutters closed while we were there.

Checking in was pleasant enough. When we checked out we weren't asked if we enjoyed our stay, had a good holiday or liked our room. If they had bothered asking I would have told them.

Room Tip: Ground floor villas have no privacy