“Well and truly the best in Port D”
Review of Bazaar

Bazaar
Ranked #59 of 121 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: After a well-earned hiatus, the buzzing restaurant reopened in late March, with a reinvigorated menu bursting at the seams with the freshest, trawler-to-table and paddock-to-plate produce that Far North Queensland has to offer. Pairing the infectious energy of the inspired international street stall, souks and bodegas, with QT sophistication, Bazaar has been running at full steam since opening 18 months ago, serving up a veritable mosaic of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner to thousands of guests and Port Douglas locals alike. QT Port Douglas is a unique designer resort that celebrates an eclectic design environment and bold entertainment to create an intriguing yet relaxing guest experience. A beacon for design, art, style and luxury, QT Port Douglas resort has been operational since May 2012, has since positioned itself as the Far North's very own purveyors of fun, leaders of style and masters of indulgence. Bazaar is closed for dinner during the months of Feb/March.
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I attended the restaurant where we were blown away by the freshness, variety and presentation of the food. Seafood was amazing and so very fresh.!! As we attended the buffet we engaged in conversation with the chef who prepares food in front of you!.

He then prepared a tasting board with a selection of the finest for us. I cannot comprehend how great these tasted. The head chef even surprised my wife and I with a bottle of champagne for our recent marriage.

We have never been to a restaurant where we could speak to the chef first hand. We were amazed at the freshness of every dish and informed that if you liked the dish you can request another. This is all included in the price.
But wait there is more....They even have there own vegetable and spice garden which is definitely displayed through the food. This dining experience and professionalism of the chef and staff was by far out most enjoyable evening to this date!

Outstanding experience and world class food! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1  Thank AEHanley
There are newer reviews for Bazaar

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent a night in port Douglas for a friend s birthday and went to bazaar for breakfast the following day. We re from cairns and heard a lit about it . Loved the resort itself, looked absolutely amazing. We went to the restaurant . No wait staff around so the chef greeted us and let us come in. As we approached the buffet u thought it was so beautifully presented I could not believe my eyes. Unfortunately everything was cold, tasteless and just not really good . It was 10 am and because it was very quiet it might be the reason why. But for $28 pp you d expect better! Very disappointed but we will try to give it another go as it looked so amazing . Maybe just a really bad day for the chef .

4  Thank Cecile4879
Reviewed March 31, 2014

LOCATION
Bazaar Restaurant is not on the main strip Macrossan Street, however, if you have a car, it's less than 5-minutes drive away, inside QT Port Douglas hotel - and well worth the drive can I tell you!

RESTAURANT
If you're reading reviews trying to decide to visit or not.. You're missing out if you don't! We simply went here due to a recommendation, and oh my gosh - we haven't forgotten about it and Bazaar is the hot topic of conversation for anyone heading to Port Douglas!

Make sure you book ahead as it seems to be a hot spot for existing guests at the hotel and pre-bookings - we were a group of five which is why we did. Despite the price (AU$65 per adult for dinner + additional for beverages), we thought this place was fabulous! Just don't eat throughout the afternoon and don't graze or have snacks either as you'll spoil your appetite. Save yourself for this place! Listen to the specials the waitress explains, because sometimes not everything is visible on the buffet spread and you can simply request it and it'll be prepared for you and brought to the table. Refreshing and flavoursome salads; dim sum Asian bar; soft-shell crab; oh and don't forget the churros drizzled with hot chocolate sauce.

Simply amazing! High on my recommendation list for Port Douglas visits!

2  Thank hellojacquelineanne
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Being a chef from melbourne I really did not know what to expect but after walking in I was shocked at the display and the presentation, how great the food was - handled with care and pride.

I take my hat off to the head chef as what he and his team would go through on a normal day would push other chefs to their limits, the wait staff were faultless and friendly.

Thanks again for a great night and amazing food.

1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Me and my partner were staying at qt restaurant and decided to give bazaar restaurant a go, as we had read so good reviews. One word "indescribable" the food was amazing, the service was fantastic and the hosts are accommodating and friendly. The seafood on offer is the best and freshest we have ever tasted and the tasting plate with seafood and pork belly is to die for. They even accommodated for my partner by making him oysters kilpatrick as he doesn't eat natural oysters. Again the best he has eaten. We were so full we didn't get to try the tempting deserts on offer. Definitely the best $65 ever spent. Tempting to fly back from Melbourne just to eat here.

1  Thank Foodie6898