The service was second to none! The reception staff actually cared about finding the right tours and activities that would best suit us and what we wanted (highly recomed Habba scuba diving tour). They new about nearly every thing that happen in port douglas and the best resturants and night life. They made sure we didnt miss out on any of the tours we had booked for eg, the bus was late picking us up which ment we were going to miss our tour, so the owner took time out of his day to drive us there himself!!! But no one was more freindly and hospitable than Max - the resident pet dog, the oldest, lovable and most freindly dog i have ever meet!!!
The room was fantastic. Sooooo much space in every room, very private and clean. Loved the spa in the main ensuite. The welcome fruit basket was very refreshing after a long flight. The balcony didnt over look any one and they didnt overlook us which was a big tick from us.
The location was only a short stroll to the main street and directly across the road to the amazing beach however you didnt have hundreds of people walking past as there is a small rain forest in front of you and a cute board walk through it to get to beach.
The pools were great, having 2 pools is a fantastic idea. The main pool is great for the kids but if you wanted (as we did) some quite serious sun baking time then the 2nd pool was fantastic, every time we went there it was nearly empty. The tennis court would have been good to use if we had time, but we did see people using the BBQ which was attached to it and it looked like a really nice spot for a drink.
As much as we loved Max, our favourite thing would have had to be the value for what you got. I dont think you can put a price on great service and they didnt. it was 10 star service all they way.
We miss the place so much already and i cant wait to bring the husband next time, which will definatley be soon.
As you can tell i highly recomend port douglas and the mandalay for your next hoilday!!!
2 thumbs up guys. Well done
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mandalay Port Douglas Accommodation offers luxury beachfront apartments surrounded by lush gardens, directly across from Four Mile Beach and only a five minute stroll to the centre of Port Douglas. With an exclusive walkway direct to the Four Mile Beach, Mandalay Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments offer the opportunity to relax in five star comfort. Spacious resort surroundings, tennis courts and a large swimming pool are features of the two and three bedroom luxurious holiday apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandalay & Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandalay & Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments Hotel Port Douglas
- Mandalay And Shalimar Luxury Beachfront Apartments