“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #36 of 43 Hotels in Port Douglas
Warrnambool, Australia
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was my first time to QLD and I stayed here with my two teenage daughters back in December. We had a top floor which did take a little effort with our luggage, but I just looked at it as my daily exercise. Everything in our apartment was lovely and I was more than happy with the facilities. I would recommend this place and would stay again. If you are not prepared to climb stairs, ask for a bottom apartment.

Room Tip: Room 21, overlooks the pool and is on top floor, but if you have kids in prams or cant climb stairs...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NewbyTraveller2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This complex is advertised as a resort but is not really that at all. I arrived at 7pm with my 2 young children to find the reception area was closed. I had to call a number and obtain my keys from a safe. The complex is full of apartment buildings and it was not easy to find our room. Once we found where we need to go, we found we were on the 4th floor and there was no life in site to get up with our luggage and your children. If your a family with pushchairs etc then this is not the place for you. Having arrived and reception being closed and there being no facilities for food onsite not even a welcome pack, I had to go in search of food in the dark to feed my kids. Nothing not even a leaflet telling me what was local and where to go. Not helpfull when you have tired hungry kids and no idea where your going. The apartment itself was well equipt and clean. I would not recommend this site for young families and would probably not stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kayemhoward
UK
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed at our friend's apartment/unit. It is a lovely two bed top floor (3 floors) apartment, with a nice bathroom, small kitchen, lounge and balcony. It is not a massive apartment if you are sharing it, going with enegetic children but was perfect for us. There was both underground and covered parking for most cars but when full some have to park in the very quiet road at the back. Good value on site washing facilities for those like us with limited clothing on cases. The staff, Fin and her partner were always helpful, as was the man who came out to meet us when we arrived in the early evening after he'd gone off shift. All in all a lovely place, good facilities, including a pleasant swim pool and in a good situation, very close to 4 mile beach and walking distance from Port Douglas restaurants bars etc.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fulhamtomUk
Bribie Island, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Phoned at 3.30pm to make enquiry's and to book accommodation for Jan 2014, I was told some one was at the desk and I would have to wait for a return phone call from Fin the receptionist. after waiting 40 minutes I called the resort back to be told to I would need to wait as it was check in time at 4.15 in the afternoon. I believe the receptionists name was fin, who was very rude so I replied and said it was ok I'd find another hotel / resort. I was really looking forward to checking out the Reef Club resort but first impression on the phone put me off.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Maggiefrench2013

Travelers are raving about these Port Douglas hotels

Sheerness, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

On our whole tour across Australia this was the 'not so brilliant' accommodation. The rooms were small, the kitchen was very basic but the staff were nice and very helpful and the washing machines and dryers were efficient. I think we could have done better with this stay, even the settees were uncomfortable although the beds were Ok. The pool looked good and the area surrounding the pool was nice.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Mellody66
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

a perfect holiday. resort is close to everything. clean and tidy with wonderful staff who are happy to help out. pool was great and it was in the sunshine; so many pools up there are heavily shaded. no problems with my shower. fridge could have been a touch larger. all in all, I recommend and would go back tomorrow.

Room Tip: my room was 57 no noise (except the wild birds in the morning), but I had to walk up stairs a lot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank rose m
Geelong
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the reef club for 6 days and it was clean but a pretty average resort. The pool was great and the rooms ok but the shower was the worst I have ever had in my life.
We have stayed at many places in port douglas and felt for us this was about one block to far from the main Street.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie M
reefclub64, Manager at Reef Club Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi KatieM ! Thanks for taking the time to share your Reef Club experience. We're so glad you enjoyed the pool and it's beautiful tropical surrounds. We are so disappointed you had trouble with your shower as we have someone one hand at most times that can fix items like that. We occasionally have trouble with the internal bits of the energy saving shower heads but they are easily rectified. Our rooms are all enjoying a facelift over the next few moths so we'd love to welcome you back on your next visit to Port D. Kind regards
The Reef Club Crew