Book In Advance
Tours from Calypso Reef Cruises tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,121 results
All reviews fish low isles morning and afternoon tea different locations dive master noodles day trip snorkel tour staff were friendly top deck dive sites food was great glass bottom boat stinger suits cold meats smaller group other companies
Reviewed 2 days ago

We had a full day of snorkelling at 2 Agincourt reefs and Opal reef. The crew were extremely helpful, the Calypso 10 was a great boat, and they provided all the necessary gear for an enjoyable day including stinger suits. The snacks and lunch were good and since there were scuba divers with us we got to watch and learn what they were doing.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Just returned from a great day on Calypso Ten . The boat wasn’t full so there was plenty of space and attention from the team. Everything was very well organised . We visited three sites all of which had different things to see and experience . As one of the crew said - it was like swimming in an aquarium. Recommend highly .

Reviewed 4 days ago

The vessel was spotless & the crew were excellent. Sully was skipper & he was assisted by Lauchie & Rob. Rob especially went above & beyond the call of duty to make sure my wife & I had an unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 4 days ago

Stayed in Port Douglas where there are lots of options for going out on the Reef but chose Calypso because of the introductory scuba dive option for one of our party. It was a good decision. From the start the crew were well organised and in control but you still felt free to make yourself comfortable on the boat. We were talked through the structure of the day and the safety aspects. There were snacks, tea/coffee and water between dives and a very nice lunch. Went to 3 dive sites including Agincourt and Opal. My son decided on the scuba dive and Daniel the instructor provided all the instructions and support for a small group of 3 first timers. There were options to buy underwater cameras, etc but also a photographer who took pictures which were then optional to buy. All the crew were excellent, keeping watch and counting people back on the boat each time, making sure everyone was ok and supporting in and out of the water. A brilliant day, highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I chose Calypso because they had smaller numbers on board than many of the others. It was the right choice, our dive instructor Nick was so patient and calming on our first ever dive, a true people orientated crew who really cared about my daughter and I.
The 3 dive/snorkel sites were awesome and full of beautiful worldly wonders that must be on everyone’s bucket list!
Well done Calypso Team!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The itinerary was great the equipment good the instruction and diving opportunities were also very good indeed. The crew were friendly and charismatic. All went out of their way to make this pleasant

The captain Terry was bigoted and rude. He spoke to a passenger who was plainly excited by the day and asking about the flag flown in Australia on boats. This older lady asked a question and now we all know this man is a republican would take the Union Jack off the flag and the English have a lot to answer for. His words loud and shouting at an elderly lady. Let us hope no one in his family is exposed to such awful behaviour. She was plainly shaken and why is he in the tourist industry. Whatever his views that is not the place. Others asked odd questions but he was plainly disinterested in people and their day

Many spoke of his conduct and no doubt will use other operators who may be interested in ensuring a good day all round and whatever the nationality of the guest treating then with dignity and respect. Politeness costs nothing

There are a lot of tours and a lot of boats. This one was in quite good condition. The seating was splitting on some seams and the lunch was basic suggest use another operator and shame for the young and keen crew

Reviewed 1 week ago

Let me start by saying that it was the A+ experience of this tour that prompted me to start writing reviews. The tour was very well organized, and staffed with a wonderful crew that were knowledgeable, courteous and just plain enjoyable to be around. We were a group of 6 that included a range of swimming abilities from none to experienced. Calypso provided all the little "extras" that made for an amazing day at the Opal Reef - hotel transfers, lifejackets, wetsuits, presccription googles, lunch/snacks. Other companies would only provide us with noodles as a flotation device, we wanted lifejackets, which Calpyso readily provided. When I jumped off for the first snorkel, one of the crew member in the water saw some hair stuck in my googles and prompted me to remove it for a leak free experience. They counted after each dive, and on this trip, one person was "missing". The crew went into frantic action and he was "found" still snorkelling out in the reef. I don't know how they saw him, as he was only a speck in the distance. They went off in their smaller boat to retrieve him. All equipment was in top condition...no leaky googles for us! As an aside, we also snorkelled near Whitsunday Island, and there is absolutely no comparison to the clarity of the water, the vibrant corals and sea life that you will find snorkelling Opal Reef. Thank you Calypso for making this my top experience of our 3 week visit to Australia!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The managers at our accommodation organised an outer reef trip on the Calypso Ten for my wife, my 19 year old son and I and an excellent choice it was. My son did an introductory dive and also enjoyed 2 snorkelling stops and my wife and I did all 3 snorkel trips on offer. In a word money well spent. While we obviously enjoyed a terrific weather day, the staff, the catering and the boat trip were excellent. While there is a huge array of boat and reef trips on offer you wouldn’t go wrong booking with this company.

Reviewed 1 week ago

By far the best snorkel day trip to the outer reef. Smaller groups, around 50 accommodated, than the 100+ on the competition's large boats. A very professional staff that enthusiastically made sure everyone was having a great time, while educating us about the ecology of the reef. Three snorkel stops, one a snorkel tour with staff, pointing out coral, fish and structures, were well picked for maximum visual pleasure. Lunch was very good and morning/afternoon tea as well. I highly recommend Calypso reef tours.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Great Barrier Reef is fantastic adventure. The coral is growing and full of color. The fish are plentiful and lots of different species. Snorkeling allows for a great viewing of the reef. We stopped at three sites each one was a little different. The reef tour was conducted by Rob at one site if you wanted to follow along. Rob was great about remembering names which made you feel like it was your adventure. The day we went, the ocean was like glass. The crew of the Calypso was able to order the perfect weather(not really). Lunch was very good and the desert brownies were great as well. The company was easy to work with for booking and all logists to pick you up. We were staying at Thala. You have to do this adventour!