The Port O Call Lodge / YHA is not a hostel. It is a resort disguised in hostel.
- they have a shuttle that picks you up in Cairns and drop you off in the town or at the airport
- the room has two beds and only one bunk bed and that gives you a feeling of more space and air
- the room has a varanda with a table and some chairs where you can appreciate nature (lots of birds)
- the room has plenty of space for the luggage and plenty of power outlets (I counted eight)
- bathroom ensuite with hot water and nice space
- AC and fan
- free wi-fi
- always clean
- TV room, pool and games room
- Steve that shares with you all the knowledge he has from Port Douglas with not a sign of pettiness
- the kitchen is excellent, everything works and all the equipment is there. Always clean. There is place to sit outside to eat.
- Coles supermarket is at a short walk, downtown and the marine as well
- short walk to the 4 mile beach
- they provide tablets
- they have a bistro (we did not use it)
- laundry lines under the sun
Do not forget your insect repellent because nature is all around.
We totally recommend. Nice place for a chill out and some nice views of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality accommodation with an emphasis on the things that matter - air conditioning, quality beds with the best quality cotton sheets and deep feathered pillows, your own refrigerator and free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Coral Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.