I chose this hotel because of the position and convenience of shopping and eating.Having stayed at Rydges before, I found the inconvenience of getting around a nuisance without a car. All the Mantras are convenient. There were 5 of us so requested a 2 bedroom apartment. We expected a full kitchen. We were given a tiny kitchenette in a corner of the room. It was clean but the lounge was dirty looking. The spa was great but the spa bath needed maintenance. The view of the pool was a tin roof and because the balconies were enclosed we had to have the lights on because it was so dark. Our bedroom was close to motors so every 10 mins there was a noisy motor that cut in for 2 mins. It was like Chinese torture through the night. We were offered to move but it was next to a building site, need I say more. The reception staff were not too friendly. The cockroaches and ants were an issue but thats the tropics. The beds felt like we were sleeping on plastic. I guess if the weather was better we wouldn't have been in the hotel much. The chairs around the pool were broken. Overall disappointed with the hotel. The Reef trip is a MUST to do.All reefcruisers are similar, take your money with you for the on selling! Hire a car and go up to the Daintree. Avis was the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled around 1200 square metres of saltwater lagoon pools and spas, Mantra Heritage, embraces its relaxed atmosphere and central location, and provides the perfect base to explore all Port Douglas has to offer. Comprising hotel rooms as well as self contained one and two bedroom apartments, all have comfortable furnishings with some featuring a swim-up pool deck. The apartments are fully self contained and offer additional features such as a kitchenette and separate living area. All rooms feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea and coffee making facilities, internet access, cable TV and balconies. Set around two lagoon style pools and amongst tropical gardens, the resort offers relaxation, privacy and poolside living yet is central to the heart of the main street via direct walkway access. Only a short stroll from the wharf and Four Mile Beach, Mantra Heritage provides a pleasant holiday location perfect for couples or families alike. Enjoy a stroll along Macrossan Street sampling the wares on offer, or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and experience one of Australia's famous natural wonders. Whatever takes your fancy, Port Douglas has something for everyone. Mantra Heritage epitomises the laid back Port Douglas lifestyle making it the perfect place for a tropical family holiday or couples romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Heritage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Mantra Heritage Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Mantra Heritage