Good location right in the centre of Port Douglas near to shops, restaurants etc. This is not a hotel as such as there is no restaurant or bar it is purely accommodation only. Having said that the 'rooms' (mini-apartments really) have basic facilities for self-catering but we only had breakfast in the room and ate out in the evenings. The pool is clean but not too big and there are not many sunbeds. The down side is that there is a flight of very steep steps at the entrance to the hotel and I was surprised to find no ramp or alternative way to get luggage into hotel - you need strong arms!! No porter available either.
Our room was problematic in so far as the electrics seemed to be wired incorrectly. One light in the bedroom didn't work and the other came on for a split second when you pressed the light switch. The kitchen lights came on and went off at will when the switch was on. Reported it but maintenance men could not fix it - only there for five days and it wasn't fixed by the time we left.
On the whole a convenient, clean place to stay but I am sure there is better for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled around 1200 square metres of saltwater lagoon pools and spas, Mantra Heritage, embraces its relaxed atmosphere and central location, and provides the perfect base to explore all Port Douglas has to offer. Comprising hotel rooms as well as self contained one and two bedroom apartments, all have comfortable furnishings with some featuring a swim-up pool deck. The apartments are fully self contained and offer additional features such as a kitchenette and separate living area. All rooms feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea and coffee making facilities, internet access, cable TV and balconies. Set around two lagoon style pools and amongst tropical gardens, the resort offers relaxation, privacy and poolside living yet is central to the heart of the main street via direct walkway access. Only a short stroll from the wharf and Four Mile Beach, Mantra Heritage provides a pleasant holiday location perfect for couples or families alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Heritage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Mantra Heritage Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Mantra Heritage