We stayed at the Mantra Heritage in Port Douglas in February 08. We'd planned the stay to be a bit of a relaxing break following our travels in Singapore and Sydeny, as well as an opportunity to visit the wonders of the Queensland shore at the same time. The stay lived up to expectations without a doubt.
The hotel was ideally placed just off Macrossan Street, the main area of Port Douglas, with plenty of restaurants, bars and a few shops too. This was ideal, and unlike many of the other nice hotels which are situated further out of town. The hotel was excellent. We got upgraded to a suite, which really made the stay, and meant we had a kitchen, lounge, and private jacuzzi as well as the standard facilities you would expect. Staff went out of their way to help us, expecially the gardener! There were two lovely pools, both clean and well maintained, although there did look to be a shortage of sun loungers - not such a problem for us as in February it is rainy season and therefore a little quiter but could imagine it being a problem in other months, expecially since bathing at the beach can be an issue during stinger season.
Although it was rainy season, we only saw rain on a couple of days, and for the most part this was light rain with temperatures still being in the early 30s so we still enjoyed our stay. There were some heavier rains the week before, however.
There's a vast array of trips on offer, all easily bookable from the main street of Port Douglas, so no need to book in advance. We went out to the Great Barrier Reef with Sailaway, and had a thoroughly memorable experience, seeing reef sharks, turtles and the brightest coral and fish you could imagine. We also went up to the Daintree with Deluxe safaris, a four wheel drive trip meaning numbers in the party were small. This was a real opportunity to see the Australia wildlife in it;s natural habitat - the crocs and snakes were like I'd never seen before!
I'd fully recommend a stay here. Just be prepred, prices in Port Dougals are quite steep, expecially for drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled around 1200 square metres of saltwater lagoon pools and spas, Mantra Heritage, embraces its relaxed atmosphere and central location, and provides the perfect base to explore all Port Douglas has to offer. Comprising hotel rooms as well as self contained one and two bedroom apartments, all have comfortable furnishings with some featuring a swim-up pool deck. The apartments are fully self contained and offer additional features such as a kitchenette and separate living area. All rooms feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea and coffee making facilities, internet access, cable TV and balconies. Set around two lagoon style pools and amongst tropical gardens, the resort offers relaxation, privacy and poolside living yet is central to the heart of the main street via direct walkway access. Only a short stroll from the wharf and Four Mile Beach, Mantra Heritage provides a pleasant holiday location perfect for couples or families alike. Enjoy a stroll along Macrossan Street sampling the wares on offer, or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and experience one of Australia's famous natural wonders. Whatever takes your fancy, Port Douglas has something for everyone. Mantra Heritage epitomises the laid back Port Douglas lifestyle making it the perfect place for a tropical family holiday or couples romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Heritage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Mantra Heritage Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Mantra Heritage