If you are planning on staying in Port Douglas then this is the perfect place to set up base! The hotel is very clean and the grounds well kept. We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment and it was very spacious and had everything you could possibly need; even a heated jacuzzi. The bed was huge and very comfortable; and the air-con was quiet and efficient. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. We did have a couple of problems during our stay and the staff sorted out the problems fully and promptly. I have stayed at some very good, and some very poor hotels, but this is the first time I felt I needed to write a review; and this is solely down to the fantastic service we received from the staff. The swimming pools and facilities are excellent. The only minor point is that the hotel does not have a 24hr reception. However it does have a telephone available should you need assistance after 9pm (worth noting if you're arriving late!). The location of the hotel is very good, the front of the hotel is in a quiet street, and the back of the hotel leads directly into the main centre of Port Douglas. This means the hotel is quiet and relaxing but right in the centre for your shops and restaurants. This means you get the best of both worlds especially as some of the other hotels, like the Sheraton, are quite a way from the centre of Port Douglas. In terms of price, facilities, location and service I don't think you can go far wrong with the Mantra Heritage. As for Port Douglas itself - all the brochures, web sites and photos I've seen does not do it justice; it far exceeded my expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled around 1200 square metres of saltwater lagoon pools and spas, Mantra Heritage, embraces its relaxed atmosphere and central location, and provides the perfect base to explore all Port Douglas has to offer. Comprising hotel rooms as well as self contained one and two bedroom apartments, all have comfortable furnishings with some featuring a swim-up pool deck. The apartments are fully self contained and offer additional features such as a kitchenette and separate living area. All rooms feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, tea and coffee making facilities, internet access, cable TV and balconies. Set around two lagoon style pools and amongst tropical gardens, the resort offers relaxation, privacy and poolside living yet is central to the heart of the main street via direct walkway access. Only a short stroll from the wharf and Four Mile Beach, Mantra Heritage provides a pleasant holiday location perfect for couples or families alike. Enjoy a stroll along Macrossan Street sampling the wares on offer, or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and experience one of Australia's famous natural wonders. Whatever takes your fancy, Port Douglas has something for everyone. Mantra Heritage epitomises the laid back Port Douglas lifestyle making it the perfect place for a tropical family holiday or couples romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Heritage Port Douglas Hotel Port Douglas
- Mantra Heritage Hotel Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Mantra Heritage