Absolutely loved this resort. Had read some other reviews and was a little worried that I'd made the wrong choice in booking here, but I have nothing but 100% praise for the Portsea Breakfree Resort in Port Douglas.
All staff were very friendly. They made a point of remembering our drinks and were most helpful in relation to what to see and do around town.
We had a 1 bedroom studio apartment, which included a small but useful kitchenette and a good sized bathroom with a spa bath. The studio had its own balcony overlooking the lagoon style pool.
The lagoon style pool had many deckchairs surrounding it, both in sun and shade.
It is about a 10 minute walk from town, which can also be done along the beach. However, if 10 minutes seems too long on a warm day, there is a shuttle bus that comes by every 15 minutes for only $2.
All in all, we would definately stay at this resort again. It exceeded our expectations and we cannot recommend it highly enough.
PS - Try the pizza bar across the road....fabulous pizza and really well priced!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas