I had reservations about not staying in the centre of town.What a lucky choice,this is an excellent place to stay.My friend and I needed a break away,so booked a 2brm dual key apt.As we didn't have children with us this time,we requested a room away from the pool.The room was lovely,spacious and very peaceful.If you are flying into Cairns,you are probably going to hire a car to get to Port Douglas(about an hour away).As i was 7mths pregnant,I wasn't doing a lot of walking in the humidity.We never found it a problem to get a park though scool holidays might be another story.I don't understand the complaints about no restaurant in the resort.There is so much available a short walk or drive away.Certainly some of the best places to eat in QLD,but good budget fare as well, and the apartments are self catering some goodness sake.We would both stay here again in a heartbeat either with family or friends,just choose your room accordingly.A car does allow you to explore and saves a lot of money in the long run rather than taking guided tours that can be pricey.Stop at the excellent supermarket on the outskirts of Cairns(can't miss it on your way to Port)Its much cheaper than shopping in Port Douglas.We treated ourselves to a special dinner at Harrisons-excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas