My wife and I vistited Port Douglas and had picked the Mantra Port Sea as our base. The resort was Ideal for our purposes as the rooms were self catering, but breakfast was included in the price,(this was optional, and you could prepare your own breakfast in your room). Our room was large enough for our needs,As you enterd from the door,there was a kitchenette area with a sink, two ring hob and microwave oven,as wellas a fridge freezer. The main part of the room consisted of, a double bed, sofa and TV, Dining table and chairs, all on open plan. There was French door access to an adequate sized balcony. The Bathroom was even fitted with a Jaccuzzi. Ceiling fans helped keep the room cool.
Within the Resort you had all you needed to relax. The Lagoon pool with pool bar was the main attraction for most people, and helped cool you down in the swealtering humidity of the area. There was also a tennis court pool room and free internet access (something we found very rare in Australia). The local amenities were all within a short walk of the resort, wheather you wanted the shops,pubs and restaurants, or the beaches and marina, nothing was ever more than 10 minutes walk away. The only negative, ( and I will level this at the vast majority of hotels), the breakfast was the usual buffet style with the same (bland?) items available as you find at most hotels. Over all our experience of this hotel/resort was very positve and I would recommend it to anyone who asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas