I stayed at the Mantra Portsea for two days last year, for a work trip. My room was on the bottom level (pool level) and it was quite small. However, sufficient for a work trip. The resort itself is beautiful - the pool is gorgeous and the surrounds are pretty. The resort is in a good location - about 10 minutes walk into the town with great restaurants etc. In saying that, my major gripe was that there was no restaurant in the hotel. Although I love to eat dinners out, it is sometimes more convenient to grab breakfast and lunch at the hotel. At the Portsea, the continental breakfast is served in a 'room' - there is no kitchen (there was a selection of cereal, yogurt, toast which was ok), and the pool lunch/snack menu is all deep fried, processed food. So my recommendation: great place to stay if you can get a good deal, but be ready to eat most, if not all, of your meals offsite. This really isn't the biggest deal if you can afford it, as Port Douglas has some excellent restaurants and cafes. But just a good thing to keep in mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, undercover car parking, an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, DVD player, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas