My husband and i recently stayed at the Mantra Portsea in Port Douglas for our honeymoon, and we both thought it was lovely. We found the girls on reception really friendly and helpful, and liked that when we checked in we were told upfront about servicing/deposit so that there were no surprises.
Our room was basic but it was ok for us and all we needed, we had a hotel room on the second floor overlooking the lagoon pool. It did smell damp when we first entered the room but figured that was to be expected for a hot/humid place. Once aired with the windows open it was fine.
The pool was lovely, and always plenty of sun lounges. The pool bar was also brilliant, however we found the swim up element of it quite pointless as staff didnt really pay attention to that side, so it was easier to just get out the pool and order round the other side.
We found the breakfast offered was really nice and just what we wanted.
The resort is literally a few mins walk from the beach which is just beautiful and also only a ten min walk from the main street in Port Douglas.
Overall we had a really lovely stay here, and would return to the Manra Portsea if we ever visited australia again, and would recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Orbitz so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas