Major pros: Pool, sundeck, pool bar
We stayed in a hotel style room as opposed to the apartment style rooms. We did so believing we wouldn't need an apartment with kitchen as we planned to eat out every night.
I'd still recommend to book the apartment style, for the added space. The hotel room was a bit cramped for 8 nights and we didnt have our own balcony.
I've read some other recent reviews about this hotel and I didn't have any bad experiences. To me, staying at a beach location resort is not about the fancy room. We were there to spend our time on the beach, by the pool, play a bit of tennis, and go out for dinner. There are plenty of activities in Port Douglas as well, snorkelling the reef, crocodile spotting, the Daintree Rainforest, etc. And therefore the room we stayed in was fine. The bed was comfortable, we had a TV with Foxtel, DVD player, and the bathroom was adequate.
Sure, if you're after absolute luxury resort accommodation, this probably isn't it. But if you plan to spend most of your time outside, there are plenty of facilities this resort has to offer which makes it a good choice. Plus the beach access is also very convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst North Queensland's tropical rainforests, Mantra PortSea is a short walk to golden beaches and Port Douglas main tourist strip, Macrossan Street which offers an abundance of restaurants, shops, bars and clubs. At Mantra PortSea there are almost too many relaxation choices, there are three swimming pools with the large central lagoon featuring a swim-up pool bar with water slide, spas and waterfalls surrounded by magnificent Golden Canes and vivid Haliconias. For activity-seekers there is a fully-equipped gymnasium and tennis court. The PortSea Massage & Beauty Day Spa offers plenty of opportunity for pampering and relaxation with a full range of massage and beauty treatments. Guest services include baby sitting services, a guest laundry, On-site complimentary undercover parking (subject to availability 1 vehicle per room), an internet room, arrival and departure lounge plus our booking services can organise tour bookings to the reef, rainforest and other local attractions. Situated between the seascape of Four Mile Beach and Port Douglas Village, the property offers hotel rooms, and one and two bedroom suites or two bedroom apartments. All hotel rooms, studios and apartments feature air-conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, movies on demand, mini-bar on request and tea and coffee making facilities. One and two bedroom studios and two bedroom apartments boast the added convenience of kitchenette facilities and the comfort of a two person spa bath and private balcony. From your courtyard or balcony the sights and sounds of the tropical north will provide a carefree holiday environment for the whole family. Tropical North Queensland is famous for the reef, rainforest and numerous adventure activities that can be undertaken. Four Mile Beach (just one minute's walk from the resort) is a unique stretch of beach that looks out over the Coral Sea. All tours can be booked by the reception tour desk. Holidaymakers looking for cosmopolitan sophistication set against the backdrop of the Coral Sea should look no further than Mantra PortSea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra PortSea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Portsea Port Douglas
- Mantra Portsea Resort Port Douglas