Back in Melbourne for a month and are still talking about how much we enjoyed our week in Port Douglas and how happy we were to stay at the Martinique. The hosts, Antonia and Fred, did every thing possible to make you feel welcome and they gave very helpful advice with tours. They really work hard and try their best to make the Martinique the charming place it is to stay.
The hotel is all one-bedroom apartments on three floors, and very quiet and peaceful. The pool is small but beautifully warm, and the BBQ area has lovely flowers decorating each table which make it a relaxing place to sit and have a glass of wine.
As everyone says, the location is fantastic, close to the beach, and shopping and restaurants are an easy stroll away.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas