Writing this on our last night at Martinique - what an amazing stay!
Everything from the style and character of the room to the happy and helpful hosts have made this such a wonderful holiday.
We've been in Port Douglas for a wedding, and we've seen the places our friends are staying at. We can happily say that we made the right choice.
Perfectly located - on Macrossan but not in the noisy centre, nights have been quiet but you're close enough to stroll to the restaurants and bars if you want that action. And the beach is a stone's throw away.
The room feels comfortable and has character. Love the tropical feeling! The bathroom is like a large wetroom which I initially thought was strange but after one shower I was sold! Our outside patio is great for relaxing (and drying those bathers) and feels secluded with the lush foliage. Same goes for the pool. The tropical trees make you feel like you're in a hidden lagoon.
Fred and Antonia always greet you with a smile - you can see how happy they are to entertain. And seeing Antonia change the tropical flowers near the entrance pond just makes you realise that it's the little things that add so much atmosphere.
I can't give Martinique enough praise. If you're interested in location without the havoc, a beach at your doorstep and warm, welcoming cheer, then Martinique on Macrossan is perfect for you - it has been for us,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas