What a lovely place Martinique is. From the moment we arrived, we felt we had chosen the right place to stay. Fred and Antonia took a lot of time to listen to our priorities and advise us regarding reef trips and other activities. They were extremely generous with their time and expertise and even honoured a discount voucher we found amongst a load of tourist leaflets (even though we had already settled our account). The apartment was perfect for the two of us; we loved the balcony, free beach towels, large bathroom and quaint shutters. The pool was small but perfect for floating in the sunshine and cooling off. There were lovely little fountains decorated with fresh flowers from the garden and it was only a couple of minutes walk from Four Mile Beach. Five minutes in the other direction took you into delightfully relaxed Port Douglas town centre. One of the best things about the hotel was the underground (cool) parking and the fact that no CHILDREN were staying there (I think the rooms are just not big enough for families)! Being a teacher, I find getting away from screaming kids running about the place absolute bliss. Definitely a wonderful place to stay - and not too extortionately priced (more expensive than what we would pay normally, but worth it).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinique - perfect for a romantic getaway in the heart of Port Douglas; yet quiet, relaxing and charismatic. Martinique on Macrossan boasts 19 one bedroom apartments, each with their own kitchenette, bathroom and private balcony. Offering accommodation from one night to ninety one nights, this French Caribbean style complex is perfect for those wanting to escape the masses, stroll the beach just metres away, enjoy a BBQ in the lovingly maintained courtyard, or simply want to relax by the delightful pool area. This resort is one of a kind in Port Douglas, quiet, centrally located, charming, accepts one night stays and is child free. If you want to enjoy the tranquility and relaxing nature of this village, you must stay at Martinique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinique on Macrossan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinique On Macrossan Hotel Port Douglas
- Martinique On Macrossan Port Douglas