We can only echo the other reviews. Jim (host) was brilliant from the moment we arrived.
Our late arrival outside of their normal reception hours was accommodated with no issues whatsoever and Jim helped us decide with impartial advice on
which tours were worth while. He also booked them on our behalf - fab! Jim's advice was invaluable.
Rooms were huge, clean and the breakfast delivered the night before was a nice touch.
We made use of the BBQ facilities which were well maintained and provided a cheap alternative to eating out.
The accommodation is out of town and took us 20-25 mins to walk. Having said this there is a bus but we like to walk.
All in all we would thoroughly recommend the lazy lizard motor inn - excellent value and a superb host.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The largest motel rooms in Port at 46sq metres! FREE undercover parking and FREE WiFi. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool. Rest and Relax and enjoy the quiet setting, away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy a beverage on your patio or a lunch or dinner on the barbeque beside the pool. Aidan & Alex can offer advice on tours and book tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, whatever suits your needs. We are a 12-minute walk to the beach and about 20 minutes to the main street. By car to Macrossan street is about 4 minutes and there is free parking in town. Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per Deluxe Queen Studio and King studio, 3 in a Queen studio and 5 in a family studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western