I stayed at the Lazy Lizard for 10 days and thoroughly enjoyed my holiday there. Penny and Jim are absolutely fantastic hosts and really go out of their way to make sure you have the best experience whilst staying in Port Douglas. They are very knowledgeable about what to do in the area, how to get there etc. and will organise tours and airport shuttles for you. They both work very hard and genuinely want their guests to feel welcome and have an enjoyable time.
My room was very spacious and clean, and was serviced every day. The room also had great air conditioning and a modern television. The motel is about a 15/20 minute walk into the main strip of Port Douglas. It's a very easy walk, literally straight down the road. You can also walk to Four Mile beach within five minutes. The motel is in a very quiet and safe area, with a great cafe/restaurant called Zai that is within about a three minute walk.
I would highly recommend this motel in Port Douglas. Penny and Jim definitely make this a fantastic place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per studio. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool and waterfall. Relax and enjoy the quiet setting with a barbeque beside the pool. The staff at our free tour desk can advise on tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, which ever suits your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western