I've stay at the Lazy Lizard whenever I am in Port Douglas. Penny and Jim ( the owners) are great! And the place shows their dedication. The rooms are always super-clean.
As many others hace noted the fact that there is an electic frying pan ( and fridge ) provided can be good if you are on a budget. I like to cook,and there are 2 very good supermarkets in PD so I always save some money by making a tasty dinner with the electric frying pan ( mmm@ Brussel Sprouts and Pancetta ! ).
There is also a grill you can use ( located next to the pool ).
PD is a great base to explore this part of Queensland- I think it is much much better than Cairns. The Daintree is a 1 to 2 hour drive ( maybe 2 to Cape Trib).
As noted by others it is maybe a 15 minute walk into town ( a 4 minute drive ) but this is no biggie. It is not like you can;t walk into town. Also the beach is a 10 minute walk at most.
There are no grounds/gardens, but there is the small pool, and you can park your car right next to your room.
If you are going to Port Douglas stay here. You won't regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The largest motel rooms in Port at 46sq metres! FREE undercover parking and FREE WiFi. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool. Rest and Relax and enjoy the quiet setting, away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy a beverage on your patio or a lunch or dinner on the barbeque beside the pool. Aidan & Alex can offer advice on tours and book tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, whatever suits your needs. We are a 12-minute walk to the beach and about 20 minutes to the main street. By car to Macrossan street is about 4 minutes and there is free parking in town. Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per Deluxe Queen Studio and King studio, 3 in a Queen studio and 5 in a family studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western