We stayed at the Lazy Lizard for four nights and enjoyed exploring the Port Douglas area from this base.
The bedroom / dining / seating area was spacious, the bathroom had a separate bath and shower and, usefully, a short washing line over the bath. The kitchenette had all that we needed as we chose to eat out each night. Each unit had a patio area but was functional rather than scenic as it over looked the landscaped parking area.
The area is quiet and about 20 minutes' walk into Port Douglas. Jim and Penny are always on hand to help and certainly take great pride in providing their guests with an enjoyable stay. Lazy Lizard is very good value base which I'd readily use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The largest motel rooms in Port at 46sq metres! FREE undercover parking and FREE WiFi. Set in tranquil tropical garden surrounds with saltwater pool. Rest and Relax and enjoy the quiet setting, away from the hustle and bustle. Enjoy a beverage on your patio or a lunch or dinner on the barbeque beside the pool. Aidan & Alex can offer advice on tours and book tours to the reef or rainforest and beyond, whatever suits your needs. We are a 12-minute walk to the beach and about 20 minutes to the main street. By car to Macrossan street is about 4 minutes and there is free parking in town. Rates are for 2 people. Maximum 4 people per Deluxe Queen Studio and King studio, 3 in a Queen studio and 5 in a family studio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lazy Lizard Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Port Douglas
- Port Douglas Best Western