“What a waste of money.”

Restaurant Central Hotel
Ranked #44 of 122 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving fresh, local produce to locals and tourists 363 days of the year! Come and enjoy some fair dinkum old fashioned pub grub. Our bistro food can be enjoyed throughout the hotel and we welcome everyone! Enjoy the famous $12.50 Lunch special and a pot of icy cold beer perched on one of the Central's famous footpath stools. You may like a steak sandwich on the deck watching the footy or the Central's famous seafood platter and a cocktail in the Verandah Bar. What about bringing your family for our mouthwatering steak and seafood dishes served in our Garden Bar under the palms and sails? Family friendly with high chairs and kids menu available
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Central Hotel for dinner with a group of friends. Due to the excessively loud band playing out back we say out on the street which was fine. Ordered a drink from the bar from a bar maid who looked like she just did not want to be there. Last I checked it didn't take much to crack a smile. Shortly after I was served up with a $24 deep fried, over cooked, dried out chicken Parma. My boyfriend took it back and informed the chef it was deep fried to be told "that's how they are cooked". Little did he know my boyfriend was a chef for 14 years and knew that's not the case! My boyfriend was rudely asked what he wanted and he asked for a replacement. Funny how initially, 6 meals were served in 15 minutes but after we complained, 20 minutes later no replacement had arrived and we ended up leaving. My friends calamari and revolting as well. This place clearly doesn't care about customer service and improving. Obviously with an influx of tourists daily they probably feel they don't need to. Very ordinary experience, would recommend researching somewhere else to go if you are after a pub meal.

3  Thank box83
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Central Hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stopped for lunch expecting a nice pub snack, ordered a chicken schnitzel burger and a toasted sandwich, both were very average.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Do not waste your money here, the service is CRAP!!! This is not a one off, I have visited here many times and the staff are always rude and seam to be pissed off at the world! Not the local pub environment here, don't waste your time! Go to the surf club, tin shed, or the yaht club if u would like good local service, I was here and received very bad service from a man who I would assume was the manager by his manarism! "Scott"? Or something close to that name, very skinny with big ears who seamed to have an ego that did not fit! He had great pleasure in throwing his weight around and assumed that all the people in our company were on holiday, he was happy to comment on that, sadly he was wrong! Very rude, un hospitable and I advise you do not go here, not only is the service repulsive! U will be over charged by a mile! Only to be treated like an inconvenience in the first place!

2  Thank Donna H
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Beers are cold. Lots of seating. The seafood platter for two was generous. Everything was oaky. We stayed for the trivia night and had a few laughs and enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Went for directors hours lunch at 10mins to lunch time ending on a weekday (they shut off the burners after 2pm). We finally got our meals and they were overcooked, the Snitzal burger was burnt as anything and the chips were darker and seem like they were the left overs. Nothing on my plate really tasted outstanding. it might be a reusing the same cooking oil problem? Probably will not be visiting again