“Relaxed setting, fabulous food”

Port Douglas Yacht Club
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Port Douglas Yacht Club is a unique and beautiful venue, located on the Dickson Inlet. Rick Preen our amazing new caterer has recently come on board, so do yourself a favour, come down have a Beer, Wine or Cocktail and sample Rick's wicked cuisine! If you're interested in holding function here, you have come to the right place. Send me an email and I will be sure to give you a call. Look forward to seeing you at "The Yachty"!
Parkes, Australia
“Relaxed setting, fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate at the yacht club restaurant on a Sunday evening. The weather was balmy, the view was relaxing and the food was fabulous and great value. We had a bottle of wine, two main meals and a dessert for about $70. The beef cheek with mash was divine, the meat just melted in your mouth and how nice to have a light and luscious sticky date pudding for only $8. There was also a couple playing acoustic guitars and singing and they were great too. We will try to go back for another meal before we leave Port Douglas.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dennis Y

New York City, New York
“Lovely view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Best restaurant view in Port Douglas. Very reasonable food. Best fish and chips we had in Australia.

1 Thank sandyk052
Brisbane, Australia
“Free Sail on Wednesday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great idea. Free Sail on a Wednesday. We had the chance to go out with Ken & Trudy on their Yacht. Went on as guests and came off Friends. Lovely Couple and a Big Thanks from Liesl & I for the experience. Food after the sail was nice and very reasonable price. Ken hope the leg is on the improve.

2 Thank Mark H
Cairns
“great local eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great local watering hole with very affordable good food and nice and hidden away. The sand flies can be a bit wicked but they do provide insect repellant.

Leeds
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have recently returned from a trip to Port Douglas. My wife and I dined at the Yacht Club, which was a last minute decision. I chose the beer battered Barramundi ($26) and my wife had the Pork Belly ($24). My fish was one of the nicest pieces of battered fish that I have eaten in a long time. Having spent the week fishing and eating my catch I was a little concerned about having a deep fried meal. Luckily I was rewarded for my daring. My wife who is not the biggest fan of fish agreed with me on the freshness and quality of the fish and batter.

My wife’s pork belly was a delight. Again I know that pork belly is very “right now” and every man and is dog is cooking it. But it was the accompaniments of Rice and Asian vegetables that made this dish stand out. Everything married very well together and was a treat to eat.

I have only eaten here once, but on my experience I would return without question. Well done to the Chef’s for having a small menu and doing it all very well.

• Visited March 2013