“Free Sail on Wednesday”

Port Douglas Yacht Club
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, Australian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Port Douglas Yacht Club is a unique and beautiful venue, located on the Dickson Inlet. Rick Preen our amazing new caterer has recently come on board, so do yourself a favour, come down have a Beer, Wine or Cocktail and sample Rick's wicked cuisine! If you're interested in holding function here, you have come to the right place. Send me an email and I will be sure to give you a call. Look forward to seeing you at "The Yachty"!
Brisbane, Australia
“Free Sail on Wednesday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

What a great idea. Free Sail on a Wednesday. We had the chance to go out with Ken & Trudy on their Yacht. Went on as guests and came off Friends. Lovely Couple and a Big Thanks from Liesl & I for the experience. Food after the sail was nice and very reasonable price. Ken hope the leg is on the improve.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mark H

Cairns
“great local eats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great local watering hole with very affordable good food and nice and hidden away. The sand flies can be a bit wicked but they do provide insect repellant.

Visited April 2013
Leeds
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have recently returned from a trip to Port Douglas. My wife and I dined at the Yacht Club, which was a last minute decision. I chose the beer battered Barramundi ($26) and my wife had the Pork Belly ($24). My fish was one of the nicest pieces of battered fish that I have eaten in a long time. Having spent the week fishing and eating my catch I was a little concerned about having a deep fried meal. Luckily I was rewarded for my daring. My wife who is not the biggest fan of fish agreed with me on the freshness and quality of the fish and batter.

My wife’s pork belly was a delight. Again I know that pork belly is very “right now” and every man and is dog is cooking it. But it was the accompaniments of Rice and Asian vegetables that made this dish stand out. Everything married very well together and was a treat to eat.

I have only eaten here once, but on my experience I would return without question. Well done to the Chef’s for having a small menu and doing it all very well.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank allup01
Melbourne, Australia
“Top views and a friendly spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Thought we'd give this a try after reading all the positive reviews and we weren't disappointed. The staff were friendly, the setting was great - right on the river with views from all tables. It's a good option if you're over paying the premium prices right in the heart of Port Douglas, food and drinks were very reasonably priced and the quality of the food was very good. We had the steak and a barramundi dish, both were large and well flavoured/seasoned. No need to dress up here!

• Visited March 2013
sydney
“Public welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

what a great find, very old fashioned style open yatch club, good food, the fish was sensational! the drinks inexpensive! and the ambience and the location were great! the cook was a great guy, and informative about the case of fabulous fresh fish he'd just bought from a fishing boat that day! straight from the reef.
if you eat no where else, try this little gem! sign in and enjoy!

Visited March 2013