“Good pub type grub”

Port Douglas Surf Life Saving Club
Ranked #23 of 117 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Good pub type grub”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last nite. We had the calamari and mussels and shared the 2 dishes. They were both very good - just what you would expect for pub type food. $40 for the 2 meals. All staff very friendly. They were out of the sav blanc my wife was going to have so the barman offered tasting of another prior to purchase. All good. Would come again for pubby type food.

1 Thank Roney1974

Perth, Australia
“You should eat here.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Went with my family incl 2 small children so the playground in the complex was perfect. Staff were very accommodating as we didn't have a booking. Food was so well priced and delicious. Kids meals $8 and were almost the same size as main meals, plus they included dessert. The setting was also amazing, right on the beach. Watched bats flying around on the way back to the car, which entertained my batman obsessed son. Highly recommend this place.

Melbourne
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Absolutely superb meal overlooking the beach, and extremely affordable. Massaman curry and calamari were tender and really exceptional, thankts! A little noisy but it is clearly a family friendly venue so there are plenty of other options in PD for quiet romance if that's what you are after. Quick friendly service as well! Best to book in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
“Only go if you have no where else to go”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We tried to get in on 3 occasions and got in at the 3rd attempt, we were placed next to the childrens play park so we disrupted from our meals on more than one occasion with children screaming because they were tired. The staff we alright, I thought there might have been a smart dress code but it was more casual beach wear. The food was okay, not really anything special and not a huge diversity on the menu (also a few meals had nuts in them which were identified) You need to go to one desk to order your food and to another bar to order your alcoholic beverages as they are separate companies (I don't understand this either?) Overall not impressed with service, food and for the price you are paying you expect a little more

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lalaclaire
“Oily fish and chips with poorest excuse for a salad I have ever encountered.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very disappointed as we went on our hosts recommendation. The fish was still swimming in oil and if I wanted a handful of straight rocket as my accompanying salad, I would have bought a $2.00 bag from Coles.

1 Thank geoff b