“Fantastic” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Port Douglas Surf Life Saving Club

Port Douglas Surf Life Saving Club
Ranked #20 of 116 Restaurants in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Absolutely superb meal overlooking the beach, and extremely affordable. Massaman curry and calamari were tender and really exceptional, thankts! A little noisy but it is clearly a family friendly venue so there are plenty of other options in PD for quiet romance if that's what you are after. Quick friendly service as well! Best to book in advance.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Melbourne, Australia
“Only go if you have no where else to go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We tried to get in on 3 occasions and got in at the 3rd attempt, we were placed next to the childrens play park so we disrupted from our meals on more than one occasion with children screaming because they were tired. The staff we alright, I thought there might have been a smart dress code but it was more casual beach wear. The food was okay, not really anything special and not a huge diversity on the menu (also a few meals had nuts in them which were identified) You need to go to one desk to order your food and to another bar to order your alcoholic beverages as they are separate companies (I don't understand this either?) Overall not impressed with service, food and for the price you are paying you expect a little more

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lalaclaire
“Oily fish and chips with poorest excuse for a salad I have ever encountered.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very disappointed as we went on our hosts recommendation. The fish was still swimming in oil and if I wanted a handful of straight rocket as my accompanying salad, I would have bought a $2.00 bag from Coles.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank geoff b
“Good food, good value good company”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The surf life saving club is a great venue after coming off the beach. You can stop for a refreshing drink or tasty snacks or indeed a very affordable and hearty meal. Staff at the club are very friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Not your average surf club meal!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had lunch at the Surf Club and really enjoyed it. This is a very casual eatery and having been to Port Douglas before I expected that the fare on offer would be parmas, chips, burgers and pizzas. Having read the reviews before leaving Melbourne I decided to check it out and wasn't disappointed. I thought the menu was quite diverse and offered some good choices. I ordered Salt and Pepper Calamari which was served on a vermicelli noodles and had a lovely dipping sauce and garnished with coriander. It was absolutely delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My friend had tempura (prawns?) I think which was presented in a very different way on a rectangular board and it looked great, she really enjoyed hers as well. Good value meals and a great outlook onto the beach.

• Visited July 2013