“Back to basics food, good atmosphere”
Review of Paddy's Irish Pub

Paddy's Irish Pub
Ranked #17 of 22 Quick Bites in Port Douglas
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Paddy’s Irish Pub, located on busy Macrossan Street, Port Douglas in beautiful Far North Queensland. Open every day for lunch, dinner or just drinks, come down and enjoy our warm hospitality and a pint of the best tasting Guinness in FNQ! Join us for our local nights and entertainment to truly experience the great atmosphere of Port Douglas. Open 11am until late everyday Kitchen 11.30am until 9pm
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Standard pub fare , usual favourites, fish and chips, fish pie, pizza, sausage and mash. The bar had TV screens all round the place which just so happened to coincide with an Aus v England rugby game live on the screens. Atmosphere was good with a lot of Brits obviouslt on holiday there.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Visited this place twice during my stay in Port Douglas.
It’s a great place to drink, great atmosphere and reasonable prices.
The food was bad - my burger was over cooked and the fries where cold.

1  Thank D9990
Reviewed November 12, 2017 via mobile

Both times I've visited Paddy's there has been a live band but I really returned for the spicy chicken wings and blue cheese sauce.

Paddy's is small but full of atmosphere with fantastic food and brilliant local bands.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Opted for a seafood platter each - could have done with just one - prawns, calamari, mussels, fish and chips and a salad - not sure how Irish the venue is, but I'm sure Irish colleens smile more than the service staff

Reviewed November 9, 2017

From the moment we walked in we should have walked out. Dirty tables that we had to ask to be wiped. What beers do you have, gets a response of pointing to the beers on tap but failing to bother to mention about bottled beers.
Against my better judgement we decided to eat. I had bangers and mash and my wife had the Schnitzel. The sausages we really tasty, the mash was yuk and the gravy, well the gravy advertised as onion gravy. This chef cannot be a chef. This gravy was vegemite and hot water, simple as that. Disgusting. We were offered ketchup but the server didnt come back so we had to go ask again.
Been to many Irish pubs and this one doesnt have the staff to carry any Irish experience off. Abrupt, discourteous and lazy is the only way to put it