“Great experience!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scuba Dave - Day Diving

Scuba Dave - Day Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We work on, live & love the reef. As professional divers, we specialise in privately guided dive trips on the Great Barrier Reef. We run a PADI Dive Centre in Port Douglas offering Introductory Diving, Open Water Courses, Advanced Training and Specialty Certifications. Why not earn your PADI DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) specialty certification whilst seeing parts of the reef other divers cannot get to. Call into our store for snorkelling & scuba gear, our own range of Scuba Diver merchandise - show the world you're a diver! We want you to get the absolute most out of your Great Barrier Reef experience. At ScubaDave we listen to all that you expect from your day and offer impartial advice and a selection of options. Contact us today to make your stay in Port Douglas the trip of a lifetime.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We pre-booked our diving course with ScubaDave a few months in advance after reading some good reviews on Tripadvisor. I have to say we are nothing but pleased to have done so. We did a refresher diving course with Dave who was super helpful and friendly throughout. Thanks to him I greatly enjoyed my diving experience at the reef a day later. Katie's help with the whole booking process was flawless. Would greatly recommend Scubadave. Highly professional, great and friendly service. Best in Port Douglas!

Visited July 2014
ScubaDavePD, Owner at Scuba Dave - Day Diving, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
It was great to meet you both and take you through your Scuba Refresher session. We've had such positive feedback with divers who have not been in the water for a while and have opted for this session before their day trip diving at the reef. Safe travels! Dave & Katie

Sydney, Australia
“Scuba Dave - you won't find better service in the Port Douglas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We visited Scuba Dave in July 2014 when we arrived at Port Douglas. He and Katie took us through all the options, recommending what would suit us best. Having never dived/snorkelled before, our final choice was the right one, with my girlfriend and I loving our experience on the Great Barrier Reef.

Later on that week I also used Scuba Dave to book a helicopter experience out to some islands on the Reef, and this is something we will talk about for many years to come. It was awesome.

Thanks Scuba Dave and team, we're returning to Port Douglas in September 2015 and we'll definitely book all of our stuff with them again. Cheers.

Visited July 2014
Hey guys, it was great to meet you both while you were in Port Douglas - we were so happy to have helped you arrange your trip of a lifetime in the helicopter :) congratulations again!!

We were so pleased you had a great day snorkelling at the reef too. We'll definitely see you in September next year. Just give us a shout with any plans you need help with, all the best, Dave & Katie
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Fantastic shop experience - wouldn't use anyone else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

When we arrived at Port Douglas we were a little bewildered by the panoply of diving and snorkelling options available. Thankfully, we stumbled into Scuba Dave's shop, where for the first time we received an honest and objective overview of what each option had to offer, and a complete list of the pros and cons of each. He also was able to tell us a lot about each individual reef and dive spot, which we found really helpful. From this information we were able to book our two diving and one snorkelling experience, and Dave's advice proved very accurate. We only wish we had been able to book a private dive with Dave himself, as that would have been heaps better than the commercial options!
The shop was never too busy, service always extremely prompt, efficient and friendly, there was a cool range of merchandise available and the loyalty card / family discount definitely made it worth our while returning to book another trip!
Thanks Dave and Katie for your help - we will be back when we visit Port Douglas again! :)

Visited July 2014
We pride ourselves on booking our customers on the right trip for them as there are a lot to choose from! We are glad you visited our store behind the Courthouse Pub, it was great to meet you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Port Douglas on your return visit, we'll go for a dive! Dave & Katie
Beverwijk, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Scuba Dave Excellent experience scuba diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We saw the great reviews at Tripadvisor when we were planning our roundtrip at Australia. When we came to Port Douglas to see the reef, we went to Scuba Dave. Katie and Dave helped us with the booking. When we went out on the boat Dave was there as well and recognised us. Dave was very helpful and friendly during the entire trip. The crew of the boat seem to know Dave as well and gave us a great time on board. Dave is diving with scuba gear that's almost brand new (not older than 1 year!!!!). The triple dives were fun, but Hawaiï and Costa Rica were more beautiful. We didn't see many big fish. Probably due to the hurricane that went over Cairns a few days earlier.

However, Dave gave us some good lessons/advice at our buoyancy. He also helped us with our brand new Zoop dive computer/watch. He helped us with our Go Pro+ action cam. He filmed us with our cam during the second en third dive!!!

Look no further and go with Dave and Katie!!! It's worth every penny.

The Netherlands

Visited April 2014
ScubaDavePD, Owner at Scuba Dave - Day Diving, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
It was great spending the day diving with you both as your private guide. Thank you for taking the time to look at our TripAdvisor reviews before you got here. We pride ourselves on our high-end Scuba diving gear and giving our customers a great day at the reef. We really hope you enjoyed your round trip of Australia! Take care guys & safe travels, Dave & Katie
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“10/10 In every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

I sent a email to Scuba dave about 2 weeks before going up to Palm cove on a holiday . I was surprised to get a response within 30 min with all the information I Needed ( From Kate ). I booked shortly after that and it was all done easy as pie . Communication was amazing and kate had all the answers to my questions . " Very impressive " . subsequently after booking for two intro drives for my Partner and I she didn't actually feel well enough to dive . I emailed Dave when I got reception back and informed him of what had happened . Happily I received a email back within 15 min saying he would do a full refund on her dives " AMAZING

I can say after meeting Dave personally and talking to Kate, Scuba Dave will the be the only people I work threw next time I come back

Visited July 2014
I hope you both enjoyed the wedding at Palm Cove - so sorry I didn't get to meet you while you were here. I knew that Dave would have looked after you :) He said you had a great day at the reef which is awesome! All the best, Katie