“Excellent”

Scuba Dave - Day Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We work on, live & love the reef. As professional divers, we specialise in privately guided dive trips on the Great Barrier Reef. We run a PADI Dive Centre in Port Douglas offering Introductory Diving, Open Water Courses, Advanced Training and Specialty Certifications. Why not earn your PADI DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) specialty certification whilst seeing parts of the reef other divers cannot get to. Call into our store for snorkelling & scuba gear, our own range of Scuba Diver merchandise - show the world you're a diver! We want you to get the absolute most out of your Great Barrier Reef experience. At ScubaDave we listen to all that you expect from your day and offer impartial advice and a selection of options. Contact us today to make your stay in Port Douglas the trip of a lifetime.
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I hadn't dived for a while and was a bit nervous about going straight onto the reef so I booked a pool refresher with Dave. This is something I would highly recommend. Dave is an excellent teacher and inspires great confidence. Having a refresher meant the day diving the reef went very smoothly and was an absolute delight - something I will never forget. Katie and Dave are a wonderful operation. You will not be disappointed if you avail yourself of their estimable services.

Visited March 2014
ScubaDavePD, Owner at Scuba Dave - Day Diving, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We are so glad that your pool refresher session made all the difference to your reef trip. Lots of people only dive while they are holiday so there can be quite a gap between dive trips.

The Refresher Session can be completed in approximately 1.5 hours & can fit in to your holiday schedule.

It was great to meet you both, take care, Katie

Manhattan Beach, California
“Experience of a life time”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I are from Los Angeles. Katie was very quick to email me back will all my questions. When we arrived Kaite and Dave were very friendly. For me if I have a bad scuba instructor I can't kinda freak out before I get in the water. I'm still new to diving. Dave was very patient and nice. He made it fun, pointed out cool stuff under the water and took pictures of us.
Dave would pick us up and drop us off at out hotel. He also had great recomendations for us on bars and resturants, he even joined us for a beer :)

Visited March 2014
ScubaDavePD, Owner at Scuba Dave - Day Diving, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Hey Guys

We are so glad that you had a great time diving with us, it was awesome to meet you all.

Thanks so much for emailing us the photo of the Eel, what a great spot that was! We've shown it to some Marine Biologists in town & they agree with us what a fantastic photo it is.

See you next time you are in Far North Queensland, Dave & Katie
Branford, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The BEST!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We planned our trip for months. When we booked our room we asked a local real estate agent who we should dive with. She gave us Scuba Dave. I had 2 new 16 yo female divers in tow.
Scuba Dave was GREAT! Him and Scuba Katie both went out of their way to make our experience wonderful. This was prior to our arrival, during our stay and even after we departed, They were there for us. And the kids preferred Scuba Dave and Katie over our other diving experiences. I must say I did too. They have their own store with GREAT merchandise to take back with you as Scuba Dave was a graphic designer in another life! The other vendors did NOT have their own store so no fitting of equipment like with Scuba Dave. We were fortunate we came across Scuba Dave and Scuba Katie!

Visited December 2013
Byron Bay, Australia
“Best teacher ever!!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I did the open water with Katie and Dave in November. I was a bit scared about the practice specially with some exercises. They were so lovely and helpfull and make me confident. It was my best moment in Port Douglas and my best dive ever!!!!

Visited November 2013
New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba Dave--excellent, reliable & a great resource in Port Douglas”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

With only 2 days in Port Douglas, we needed a reliable plan for our family of 5--which posed a tricky situation: 2 of us were diving; 1 required a refresher course and 2 were snorkeling. Dave and Katie were extremely positive and communicative from the start. Laying out a plan for picking us up at our hotel and for our 3 dives on the boat Calypso. Once on board, Dave handled all of our paperwork and supplied his own equipment, which seemed top-notch and in excellent condition. Our dives were more private and informative than had we dove with the crew on Calypso, although the crew seemed very professional with good, upbeat attitudes. We had a spectacular snorkel as a family at the SNO (south/north opal) and then dove with Dave on 2 dives. While on board with Dave, Katie was extremely accommodating by arranging for our restaurant reservations and then picking us up after the day on the boat. Dave and Katie are clearly very familiar with Port Douglas and made us feel like we had friends to rely on.

Visited December 2013