“Best teacher ever!!!!”

Scuba Dave - Day Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: We work on, live & love the reef. As professional divers, we specialise in privately guided dive trips on the Great Barrier Reef. We run a PADI Dive Centre in Port Douglas offering Introductory Diving, Open Water Courses, Advanced Training and Specialty Certifications. Why not earn your PADI DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) specialty certification whilst seeing parts of the reef other divers cannot get to. Call into our store for snorkelling & scuba gear, our own range of Scuba Diver merchandise - show the world you're a diver! We want you to get the absolute most out of your Great Barrier Reef experience. At ScubaDave we listen to all that you expect from your day and offer impartial advice and a selection of options. Contact us today to make your stay in Port Douglas the trip of a lifetime.
Byron Bay, Australia
“Best teacher ever!!!!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I did the open water with Katie and Dave in November. I was a bit scared about the practice specially with some exercises. They were so lovely and helpfull and make me confident. It was my best moment in Port Douglas and my best dive ever!!!!

New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scuba Dave--excellent, reliable & a great resource in Port Douglas”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

With only 2 days in Port Douglas, we needed a reliable plan for our family of 5--which posed a tricky situation: 2 of us were diving; 1 required a refresher course and 2 were snorkeling. Dave and Katie were extremely positive and communicative from the start. Laying out a plan for picking us up at our hotel and for our 3 dives on the boat Calypso. Once on board, Dave handled all of our paperwork and supplied his own equipment, which seemed top-notch and in excellent condition. Our dives were more private and informative than had we dove with the crew on Calypso, although the crew seemed very professional with good, upbeat attitudes. We had a spectacular snorkel as a family at the SNO (south/north opal) and then dove with Dave on 2 dives. While on board with Dave, Katie was extremely accommodating by arranging for our restaurant reservations and then picking us up after the day on the boat. Dave and Katie are clearly very familiar with Port Douglas and made us feel like we had friends to rely on.

Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Absolute Perfection”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a great diving experience on the reef. I had dived it previously but it was the first time for my wife so I wanted it to be as amazing as I knew it could be. We initially did a lot of research and saw the many tour options available on the numerous boats running tours in PD but we had no idea which was going to be the right one for us and this is where Dave and Katie really stepped up to the plate!

I'm an experienced advanced diver and my wife is a newly initiated open water diver and we had the best time together. Despite our difference in qualification we we both kept very interested and challenged - in fact my wife now wants to return to get her advanced qualification with Scuba Dave and I won't object to being dragged along ;)

SD went above and beyond even organising car hire and making dinner reservations for us which really made the entire experience something we will never forget.

Visited December 2013
Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The Best in Port Douglas”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My Husband and I were in Port Douglas for our honeymoon in November this year and we couldn't be happier with the service that Scuba Dave provided. 3 days of diving, day by day without plans, these guys were the best. Good honest advice on who to dive with made it easy to keep going back to see Katie 3 days in a row. Bookings in the shop took only 10 minutes.
The diving we did over the 3 days was fantastic, and we couldn't have been happier. We dove with Calypso for 2 days, who were definitely the best out of the major dive operators.
If anyone is going to port douglas, keep walking past all those tour operator stores and head straight to scuba dave.... you won't be disappointed. We will most definitely go back to them again when we go back.

Geelong, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dave and Katie ROCK..!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The greatest THREE day's of 2013 learning to dive with Dave and Katie (Scuba Dave). I was blown away by the entire experience with water temps up around 26deg, making the time underwater awesome.
Dave you are really a great bloke to learn from and share the Reef experience with. Katie was almost my personal assistant with awesome guidance.
I could not speak highly enough of Dave and Katie about the time i spent with you both over the week i was in Port Douglas, you really made me feel at home.
I cant wait to come back soon, Cheer's.

1 Thank Scott M